Contract Extended, Pay Suspended

Mama

Registered Member
Howdy!

Please forgive me if I don't know correct terminology for everything.

My husband is being medically separated under 30% (on the Army side of things). On the VA side of things, he's getting 60% (thank the stars!). His packet that gave him his choice of how he wanted to do things (severance pay, VA payments and all that) came back a few weeks ago. He made his choice, signed the "offer" and sent it back up the chain. Now, it awaits two signatures and then he can apply for orders once it comes back down. We are almost done with this beast of a med board process!

However, he did not get normal active duty pay as he should have this morning. I'm thinking it has something to do with his original ETS date that came and went on the 28th of September. His VA rep there at Fort Irwin filed a contract extension for him so that he would continue to get paid while he is still there awaiting his orders. The extension went through just fine and my husband walked it to finance himself. They accepted it and everything was ok until this morning. I checked our bank account and nothing.

Now I'm freaking out. Bills to pay + kids to feed + finance screwing up is NOT a good way to start a morning. The husband cannot go to finance yet to ask questions because he got sucked into 24 hour duty at the last minute.

Am I right in my assumption that they suspended his pay based on his ETS date that came and went, instead of his new ETS date that came with contract extension? If that assumption is correct, how long could it be until we see his normal active duty paycheck for today?

Take your supporting documents and go to finance and see the Finance SGM. He will get it fixed. This sometimes happens, but it shouldn't.

First off thank you for being a concerned Military Spouse and you sound very proud and supportive.

If your Husband is not getting paid contact him and have him get onto MYPAY to see what his LES says. If there is no current LES because they say hes done, then contact his chain of command or rather have him talk to his Platoon SGT then Commander. Tell him to Let them know you have Bills to pay and they will need to give you an advance if they are unable to resolve this now.

I will tell you Finance will most likly tell you "you will see it on the 15th. Only if everything is fixed now."
Dont let Finance give him the run around with the click of one key the Finance OIC can have the money in your account within 24 hours.