Coronavirus and the PEB

maruchan

Active Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm an LDES case and have been waiting on a decision from the PEB since February... For a single referred condition. I think the next step for me is going to be IG involvement. According to the San Antonio office I called two weeks ago, IPEBs are still being conducted.
 

Usndocgreen

Well-Known Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
And there is no way to stipulate the case, from what the MSC / PEBLO informed me
I mean I don’t work ins the PEB office but it would make sense to me to try and stipulate as many cases as possible while all
This is going on to keep things moving in an already backlog laden system.
 

AdviceAccordingly

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm an LDES case and have been waiting on a decision from the PEB since February... For a single referred condition. I think the next step for me is going to be IG involvement. According to the San Antonio office I called two weeks ago, IPEBs are still being conducted.

IPEB's are still being conducted, members I work with who submitted their cases 4 months after me are receiving their findings / getting their dates currently. Yet I submitted a reconsideration with further MRI / CT and clinical encounters with my package and have to just wait in purgatory (ha). I dont see how / why FPEB's cannot look at the cases and like USNdocgreen said; stipulate the cases.

Let me know if you go through the IG process, i dont want to create unnecessary ripples, but I have also had to defer from my program due to this inconvenience
 

MilitaryBlake

Active Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Not sure if we are all using the same/correct language here, but I have been told that my ratings are done, and they were much faster than usual. However, PEBLO will not read them to me because they still need to be signed by PEB (according to PEBLO). this sound right? I am on my third week of this. Ratings were complete, according to my ebenefits page, first of this month. Does this make sense to folks? If so, VA doing the ratings is not slowed at all, in fact may be faster, but PEB approving/disapproving VA ratings is certainly delayed....
 

Usndocgreen

Well-Known Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Not sure if we are all using the same/correct language here, but I have been told that my ratings are done, and they were much faster than usual. However, PEBLO will not read them to me because they still need to be signed by PEB (according to PEBLO). this sound right? I am on my third week of this. Ratings were complete, according to my ebenefits page, first of this month. Does this make sense to folks? If so, VA doing the ratings is not slowed at all, in fact may be faster, but PEB approving/disapproving VA ratings is certainly delayed....
hello yes this does make sense. Your VA ratings go back to the PEB for reviews. After your dod ratings are finalized they will notify you through your peblo. I have been told by others here that you can call the VA and request the VA rating if you haven’t received them via mail yet.
 

Usndocgreen

Well-Known Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Great news!! I was contacted today by the fpeb attorneys. They are attempting to resume fpeb’s in a telephonic format. To do this you have to waive your right to a true in person hearing. Trying to make sure this is best before moving forward one way or the other. Great news for everyone waiting on fpeb’s though!!
 

AdviceAccordingly

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Great news!! I was contacted today by the fpeb attorneys. They are attempting to resume fpeb’s in a telephonic format. To do this you have to waive your right to a true in person hearing. Trying to make sure this is best before moving forward one way or the other. Great news for everyone waiting on fpeb’s though!!
when did you sign for FPEB or recon?
 

AdviceAccordingly

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Soooo frustrating

I spoke with MSC / PEBLO this morning & referred the information you posted and got:

" If the SVM has that arrangement with the Formal PEB attorney then that means
he was scheduled prior to the lockdown. Either way, all appeals submitted
from ending Feb till to date have been deferred/suspended, but if we get any
feedbacks then we will be sure to reach out to you.
R/"

as the response. I submitted rebuttal / appeal 15 JAN 20 with command endorsement / hundreds of radiological and ancillary evidence along with updated statement of service / abbreviated NARSUM and statements from ortho and GP's in regard to my conditions. At this point I would take 10% to just GTFO and deal with it on the back end. I have had to defer from PA school and completely change my whole plan due to initial findings of FIT.

Regardless, thank you for the response. where are you stationed if you dont mind me asking?
 

Usndocgreen

Well-Known Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Soooo frustrating

I spoke with MSC / PEBLO this morning & referred the information you posted and got:

" If the SVM has that arrangement with the Formal PEB attorney then that means
he was scheduled prior to the lockdown. Either way, all appeals submitted
from ending Feb till to date have been deferred/suspended, but if we get any
feedbacks then we will be sure to reach out to you.
R/"

as the response. I submitted rebuttal / appeal 15 JAN 20 with command endorsement / hundreds of radiological and ancillary evidence along with updated statement of service / abbreviated NARSUM and statements from ortho and GP's in regard to my conditions. At this point I would take 10% to just GTFO and deal with it on the back end. I have had to defer from PA school and completely change my whole plan due to initial findings of FIT.

Regardless, thank you for the response. where are you stationed if you dont mind me asking?
Wow yes it can be very frustrating!!! In my third go round here and it’s still aggravating at times! Hang in there!!
 

Usndocgreen

Well-Known Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Soooo frustrating

I spoke with MSC / PEBLO this morning & referred the information you posted and got:

" If the SVM has that arrangement with the Formal PEB attorney then that means
he was scheduled prior to the lockdown. Either way, all appeals submitted
from ending Feb till to date have been deferred/suspended, but if we get any
feedbacks then we will be sure to reach out to you.
R/"

as the response. I submitted rebuttal / appeal 15 JAN 20 with command endorsement / hundreds of radiological and ancillary evidence along with updated statement of service / abbreviated NARSUM and statements from ortho and GP's in regard to my conditions. At this point I would take 10% to just GTFO and deal with it on the back end. I have had to defer from PA school and completely change my whole plan due to initial findings of FIT.

Regardless, thank you for the response. where are you stationed if you dont mind me asking?
sorry didn’t answer your question I am out of NMCP.
 
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">
Top