Coronavirus and the PEB

Usndocgreen

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I am starting to wonder if the corinavirus will disrupt the Fpeb’s. Any thoughts?? I know our command is limiting travel

Wouldn't surprise me, and I would expect also VA ratings would probably be slowed and/or halted as well and keep us all in limbo...

I suspect so. Some FPEB, in some services permit VTC.

Peblo called. Ratings are in. Going in Monday to find out specifics. Hope for the best.
referred conditions:
MDD
UNSPECIFIED ANXIETY DISORDER
Knowing they are in must be a relief, but kinda unlucky that they came in on a Friday and you have the weekend to contemplate what they may be. I hope they are what you expect them to be!

I can see the vtc thing happening if they want to keep this moving foreword. I wonder how having a Vtc vs actual in person PEB affects outcomes.

QUOTE="chaplaincharlie, post: 258736, member: 7378"]
I suspect so. Some FPEB, in some services permit VTC.
[/QUOTE]

My peblo just told me she called on my behalf to get an update. And the navy is scheduling no new fpeb’s at this time due to the travel restrictions. So i guess that’s another 2 month delay!!

No clue really, but common sense tells me probably FPEB’s since they potentially involve travel to DC

Spoke with my MEBLO about the potential of my case being put on hold. It has been in PEBs hands for four weeks now. He said they are still working all cases as far as he knows.

I was also told they are continuing to work and review cases just not scheduling any in person FPEB’s. I haven’t heard about vtc’s being scheduled though

I'm not sure but I'm being told I have 10 days to appeal and gather my evidence to build a case and I can't get the OAC to call me back or any of my doctor's. This is also difficult because the majority of the offices I am trying to contact are working from home and cannot access my required documents or can't be reached.

I have heard nothing.... anyone heard anything from PEB or PEBLO’s?? Last I heard was no scheduling for fpeb’s currently. Cwhita86 with regards to your comments I can imagine meeting timelines should be challenging right now!! Have you been able to meet with the ides counsel to get guidance. If this isn’t possible I would inform your peblo of intent to appeal and request an extension on submitting the ppwk due to the current extraordinary circumstances.

I have heard nothing.... anyone heard anything from PEB or PEBLO’s?? Last I heard was no scheduling for fpeb’s currently. Cwhita86 with regards to your comments I can imagine meeting timelines should be challenging right now!! Have you been able to meet with the ides counsel to get guidance. If this isn’t possible I would inform your peblo of intent to appeal and request an extension on submitting the ppwk due to the current extraordinary circumstances.

Good morning. Spoke with my PEBLO last week as well as someone in DC. They are still working IPEBs, FPEBs are on hold due to the fact most are tele working now, including a large majority of PEBLOs and such as well. May be hard to get people on the phone more than ever.. good luck!

Not so sure about this.... I received an email on March 31 telling me my FPEB was scheduled for April 10. I talked to the OAC and he said my case was outside the normal but cautioned against an appeal as this could cause me to lose DoD retirement if I were to get a RTD status and their would still be a possibility of me being medically separated. I was on the phone with him for 1.3 hours and he told me an attorney would be assigned to me for my case. Since then, I have NOT been contacted and I am unable to contact my VA Dr who did not give me a diagnosis for the same reason the DoD approved my sole medical retirement. I called again this morning and am waiting for a call back as you have to leave a message and then an attorney will return your call eventually. I have until Friday and this seems like it is definitely still happening for me.

I just reviewed my IDES file this past thursday & it has 'deferred due to COVID-19'. No one in the PEB/Administration office knows the specifics of travel delays or how this will push the time line.

I just reviewed my IDES file this past thursday & it has 'deferred due to COVID-19'. No one in the PEB/Administration office knows the specifics of travel delays or how this will push the time line.

And there is no way to stipulate the case, from what the MSC / PEBLO informed me