navywife2010

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My husband has been on limited duty since February 2015 due to ulcerative colitis and UC-related arthritis. He's had two flares while waiting and has taken prednisone for each one. Since the second dose of prednisone and after regularly taking probiotics, he is doing better. He still has regular hip and knee pain, and he's already been told he will need hip surgery at the ripe old age of 29.

Feb. 22, 2016 - signed and sent off NARSUM to PEB

Been waiting ever since to hear back from the PEBLO. Nothing yet. He had 23 conditions claimed with the VA, but it is our understanding those are separate from the unfit/fit findings. At this point, we are assuming he will have an unfit finding since UC is not curable. We are located at the Bangor base here in Washington.

Anyone else have a similar timeline and waiting to hear back? Our best guess is we will hear around June-July for an unfit answer as the PEBLO told us the unfit answer is taking 4-4.5 months on average.

NAVYMA1

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My narsum was sent to peb on December 22 and I have not heard back yet either. Last time I called at the 3 month mark, peblo said should be approx 120 days. I plan to call towards the end of April but at this point I'm just riding the wave and collecting every pay check I can before I'm out. I am USN NRSW.

Gunner1210

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Mine was sent at the beginning of February, my timeline is below. From what I gathered from reading through peoples posts are that most peblos will not call and tell you,"you were found unfit". They wait until the end when they have everything. Also, I found out from the VA well I called them, and they told me they recieved my IDES package and that I was unfit and they started the rating process. If your case is forwarded to the VA its a good indication that you were found unfit. I don't know if you guys created a Ebenfits account yet, but that's the only real "sketchy" unreliable way to keep tabs on where your case is at once it makes it to the VA.

Good luck,

rydawg88

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am an Active Duty Marine stationed in North Carolina and it took exactly 13 weeks and 1 day from the time I submitted my package to the PEB (Jan 7 2016) til I received my findings (Apr 8 2016).

I remember thinking the same thing when I started, but the best piece of advice that I can give you is to just try and take advantage of as many benefits as you can while you and your hubby are still in the Navy. I have been using Tuition Assistance and taking college classes to try and keep myself busy. There many education programs that they offer for spouses as well that are worth looking into. At least this way the time flies by, and you get something worthwhile out of it.

CoRaCa512

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Wow, @rydawg88, that was fast! My package was submitted January 28th and I'm still waiting. My eBenefits went historical the 31st of March though, so I'm hoping it's not too much longer. @navywife2010, I hope it moves along quickly for the hubby. I did 3 consecutive LimDus before being placed on the MEB/PEB, so myself and many others are well used to waiting for all this to play out. Good luck!

Navy10

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My package has been submitted since November 18th... I'm at the post Va Qa stage right now. Some people get extremely lucky in turnaround for their claim. Rydawg's case is a prime example. Mine has been pretty much right on par with the norm... Post va qa is the bottleneck FYI

slayhert

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
@Navy10 do you know when you got a historical claim on ebenefits? I know for myself my package was sent Nov30 and I had the historical claim closed Mar11. Still nothing official.

navywife2010

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Mine was sent at the beginning of February, my timeline is below. From what I gathered from reading through peoples posts are that most peblos will not call and tell you,"you were found unfit". They wait until the end when they have everything. Also, I found out from the VA well I called them, and they told me they recieved my IDES package and that I was unfit and they started the rating process. If your case is forwarded to the VA its a good indication that you were found unfit. I don't know if you guys created a Ebenfits account yet, but that's the only real "sketchy" unreliable way to keep tabs on where your case is at once it makes it to the VA.

Good luck,
Hi Gunner1210,
Is there a best number to call the VA at for checking on this? And does this reset your case? I've heard sometimes that it can if you call to inquire, which is why we haven't. We don't want someone to go searching for it and take it out of the queue it might be in. lol.

Right now, eBenefits reads under OPEN CLAIMS:

Updates Actions
01/19/2016 submitted
action is COMPENSATION
Update: development letter sent

No idea what all that means, but it hasn't changed for a few months. We haven't received any letter. PEBLO keeps saying to just ignore eBenefits because it isn't accurate, which is sad considering a lot of veterans depend on using it for details on their cases.

Navy10

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
@Navy10 do you know when you got a historical claim on ebenefits? I know for myself my package was sent Nov30 and I had the historical claim closed Mar11. Still nothing official.
I have one in March 10th and one on March 18th(this one was a correction )... Got my unofficial ratings from my Msc about 2weeks after that

Navy10

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
To
Hi Gunner1210,
Is there a best number to call the VA at for checking on this? And does this reset your case? I've heard sometimes that it can if you call to inquire, which is why we haven't. We don't want someone to go searching for it and take it out of the queue it might be in. lol.

Right now, eBenefits reads under OPEN CLAIMS:

Updates Actions
01/19/2016 submitted
action is COMPENSATION
Update: development letter sent

No idea what all that means, but it hasn't changed for a few months. We haven't received any letter. PEBLO keeps saying to just ignore eBenefits because it isn't accurate, which is sad considering a lot of veterans depend on using it for details on their cases.
u will get more accurate answers from your va contact, your msc at that point in time with your claim.yout Peblo will only give u answers before its sent to the va and when you sign for the ratings

navywife2010

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
To

u will get more accurate answers from your va contact, your msc at that point in time with your claim.yout Peblo will only give u answers before its sent to the va and when you sign for the ratings
Thank you. Our MSC was a real nice guy, so that's encouraging. It's such a process going through this; I'm just grateful folks like you respond and help guide us along the way!

slayhert

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have one in March 10th and one on March 18th(this one was a correction )... Got my unofficial ratings from my Msc about 2weeks after that
Oh ok, well hopefully you and I are in the any day column. I have my unofficial results also (from my MSC), but nothing from the PEBLO.

Navy10

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thank you. Our MSC was a real nice guy, so that's encouraging. It's such a process going through this; I'm just grateful folks like you respond and help guide us along the way!
Hopefully you get some answers... Msc was swamped all the time, but when I did call he was straight to the point and always told me something new

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">