CRDP...National Guard w/ 21 years (7 yrs. active/14 National Guard)

187thINF

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Fellow Vets, appreciate your fill-in on your experience/expertise below:

Status/Question.

o 21 years combined service (Active/National Guard)
o Pending MEDBOARD; Chapter 61
o If I'm approved under military disability with 30% or more; do I collect both VA (50%) and military disability (30%) retirement under CRDP immediately or do I have to wait until retirement age (59.5)?

*Appreciate your fill-in*

th.jpg untitled.png

Fellow Vets, appreciate your fill-in on your experience/expertise below:

Status/Question.

o 21 years combined service (Active/National Guard)
o Pending MEDBOARD; Chapter 61
o If I'm approved under military disability with 30% or more; do I collect both VA (50%) and military disability (30%) retirement under CRDP immediately or do I have to wait until retirement age (59.5)?

*Appreciate your fill-in*

View attachment 4407 View attachment 4408
Hello,

You won’t be eligible for CRDP until you meet the age requirement for your reserve retirement.

CRSC does not include the same requirement.

Ron

Unless you have a 20Y letter, non-regular retirement (reserve) will not be granted.

Anytime served after 2008, retirement age will be reduced to 50 or 55 years old, (just can’t remember) the age or formula. Perhaps someone can add that information.

Sorry, forgot to add, 1. Make sure you recalculate all your points towards retirement to make sure they are correct.
2. Then have your your State National Guard retirement division ( within) your State hdqts, complete your 20 year letter, make sure it is signed.
3. Then have Hdqtr’s/retirement submit your 20 year retirement letter to HRC as CRDP drop. 4. HRC will review, if good to go HRC will send your 20 year letter to DFAS....this process can take several years so start now....

Anytime served after 2008, retirement age will be reduced to 50 or 55 years old, (just can’t remember) the age or formula. Perhaps someone can add that information.

Army HRC:
The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2008 enacted the Reduced Retirement Age for Reserve Component (RC) Soldiers based on Active Duty (AD) performance.

After September 30, 2014, either in support of contingency operations under a provision of law specified in section 101(a)(13)(B) of Reference (c), or an order to active duty pursuant to section 12301(d) of Reference (c), many now cross over to any two consecutive fiscal years.

Active service includes service on AD as defined in subparagraph 6.5.2.2 of DoDI 1215.07, and Full-time National Guard when under a call to active service by a governor and authorized by the President or the Secretary of Defense under section 502(f) or 115 and 502 (f) of Title 32 USC for purposes of responding to either a national emergency declared by the President or a national emergency supported by Federal funds. National Guard personnel should check with their perspective states to verify what 502(f) of title 32 orders are in fact eligible for the reduced aged retirement.

The NDAA for 2008 reduces the retirement age for Reserve Component (RC) Soldiers from 60 to a lesser age, but not below age 50, for those who have served on Active Duty (AD) in an eligible status on or after 29 Jan 08. For qualifying service on or after 29 Jan 08, each day on that AD tour could count toward a reduction in retirement age. However, even though each day counts, days are credited in aggregates of 90 days only within any Fiscal Year. A day of duty shall be included in only one aggregate of 90 days.