Crohn's Disease MEB/PEB Timeline

Allty

PEB Forum Veteran
Diagnosed with Crohn's 26 NOV 2008
MEB Completed OCT 2009
PEB/Pilot Program Nov 2009
VA Docs DEC 2009
PEB Package Sent to DC Jan 25 2010......waiting on results.

Allty

PEB Forum Veteran
Results Back

Well they found me fit for duty. Which means to me that they are going to admin sep me since i am not fit for sea duty. Since i am so far away from my peblo i have a phone conference with them at 1100. I am going to appeal it since my crohn's is not under control and has been documented as moderately severe which is a 30 % rating. I sure hope they dont screw me. I think i will probably have to start writing a letter to my congressman. I am not sure how the appeal goes for a fit finding any help would be appreciated.

Allty

PEB Forum Veteran
Yeah I talked with my PEBLO i guess under the DES pilot i have 10 days but he told me it was pretty much my NMA that did me in. My command said i was fit to do my job in the office enviroment but limited at sea. My command is going to write a new one but they seem reluctent to be thourough. I wrote one up and sent it to the JAG for advice and i will route it through the COC and see what they say.

Allty

PEB Forum Veteran
its been over 3 weeks since i sent in my appeal for a formal board. I included an updated NMA, updated MEB Summary, a statement from my GI doctor, a personal statement, and a statement from my supervisor. It was a total of 16 pages. Not sure how long it will take to hear back from them but i guess the longer the better?

Allty

PEB Forum Veteran
2 months and no word back from my appeal of a fit finding. Anyone know if by chance they just reconsidered and found me unfit and sent my package to the VA for a rating without telling my PEBLO that they found me unfit?

scorp84

PEB Forum Regular Member
All you have to do is call the PEBLO and have them tell you. You should have a case worker who works on your case who originally briefed you!

Scorp

Allty

PEB Forum Veteran
I fully understand how its supposed to work. my case has been pending for over 2 months since i sent in the appeal. I did call the VA hot line today and they said that they had finished with my ratings and i should find out next week but my PEBLO still has the status of pending. But this leads me to believe that the PEB reconsidered and found be unfit. I am just assuming at this point but i am keeping my fingers crossed.

bigmanlee1201

Registered Member
Diagnosed with Crohn's Jan 2009
MEB Completed MAR 2010
PEB results June 2009 found fit to continue
Returned to sea duty Mar 2010.
Back on MEB 9 July 2010.

My doctor told me I properly will get admin sep now. Because I am not fit for sea duty.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">