Crohn's Disease MEB/PEB Timeline

Results Back

Well they found me fit for duty. Which means to me that they are going to admin sep me since i am not fit for sea duty. Since i am so far away from my peblo i have a phone conference with them at 1100. I am going to appeal it since my crohn's is not under control and has been documented as moderately severe which is a 30 % rating. I sure hope they dont screw me. I think i will probably have to start writing a letter to my congressman. I am not sure how the appeal goes for a fit finding any help would be appreciated.

Yeah I talked with my PEBLO i guess under the DES pilot i have 10 days but he told me it was pretty much my NMA that did me in. My command said i was fit to do my job in the office enviroment but limited at sea. My command is going to write a new one but they seem reluctent to be thourough. I wrote one up and sent it to the JAG for advice and i will route it through the COC and see what they say.

its been over 3 weeks since i sent in my appeal for a formal board. I included an updated NMA, updated MEB Summary, a statement from my GI doctor, a personal statement, and a statement from my supervisor. It was a total of 16 pages. Not sure how long it will take to hear back from them but i guess the longer the better?

All you have to do is call the PEBLO and have them tell you. You should have a case worker who works on your case who originally briefed you!

Scorp

I fully understand how its supposed to work. my case has been pending for over 2 months since i sent in the appeal. I did call the VA hot line today and they said that they had finished with my ratings and i should find out next week but my PEBLO still has the status of pending. But this leads me to believe that the PEB reconsidered and found be unfit. I am just assuming at this point but i am keeping my fingers crossed.

Diagnosed with Crohn's Jan 2009
MEB Completed MAR 2010
PEB results June 2009 found fit to continue
Returned to sea duty Mar 2010.
Back on MEB 9 July 2010.

My doctor told me I properly will get admin sep now. Because I am not fit for sea duty.