CRSC 2022 Timeline

24MAR22: Sent application
13JUN22: Decision letter populated digitally on IPerms
30JUN22: Got my first CRSC payment with my VA Disability. It appears as a separate Direct Deposit
You inspired me to check IPERMS and mine populated today as approved. Originally submitted 5 April. Congrats to you.

30JUN22: Got my first CRSC payment with my VA Disability. It appears as a separate Direct Deposit
Hello @SecondAmendment

It appears as a separate deposit because CRSC is not paid by the VA.

VA pays VA compensation.

DFAS pays CRSC, CRDP, and Retired Pay.

Ron

Awesome. My back pay should go back to 2016. So I’m expecting a 6 month wait ha

How do you figure out your High 3? How do I figure out my CRSC calculation if I get one?
Iam a Chapter 61 Medical Retire.
Here is what I know: 11 years 6 months Army National Guard Time whcih includes 1753 pts for Active Duty
My highest grade was E6 but I finished as an E5. I applied for CRSC and Im hoping to get it, but Im not sure how I go about finding my rate for CRSC prior to getting approved? I receive 100% combined from the VA currently. I get 70% for PTSD. Would you be able to help me?

How do you figure out your High 3? How do I figure out my CRSC calculation if I get one?
Here is what I know: 11 years 6 months Army National Guard Time whcih includes 1753 pts for Active Duty
My highest grade was E6 but I finished as an E5. I applied for CRSC and Im hoping to get it, but Im not sure how I go about finding my rate for CRSC prior to getting approved? I receive 100% combined from the VA currently. I get 70% for PTSD. Would you be able to help me?
Info needed for CRSC estimate :

Information necessary for CRSC estimate: LINK <---

Please provide ALL the info in one reply

Ron

I got hurt jumping and have disabilities with my back, right upper and lower extremities and got about $200 a month cause I was only in for 4+ years. That's with a 70% rating btw, ETSed as E4 promotable and got retired as an E5.

I got hurt jumping and have disabilities with my back, right upper and lower extremities and got about $200 a month cause I was only in for 4+ years. That's with a 70% rating btw, ETSed as E4 promotable and got retired as an E5.
Hello @SecondAmendment

Average high three is the total of the highest 36 months of pay, divided by 36.

Your payment, based on limited info: 4 years AD x 2.5% = 10% longevity multiplier
Average high three x 10% = longevity portion of retired pay and CRSC maximum in your case

Ron

edited to add: @brookstedd604 has a new thread at: CRSC Estimate-- brookstedd604 <---LINK

Last edited:
Just got CRSC approval back, uploaded into iperms.

13 APR 22: emailed application forms to HRC.
14 APR: HRC automated email received application response (email stated “please allow up to 90 business days for completion”)
27 APR: I found my original casualty feeder form thing from IED incident and engaged with HRC on how to submit to add. I had to email them the form with the CRSC reconsideration form. I’ve heard this can reset your timeline. I’m not sure if it did. (Ultimately my timeline was 92 actual days, not business days from application sent to approval)
15 JUL: Approval populates in IPERMS, form dated 14 JUL.

Of note, 3 days before it populated in IPERMS I received an automated email saying “CRSC application received. IPERMS release 2.6.0 regression testing…” There was another gentleman in this forum who made mention of the same email so I asked him and he also received that a few days before the approval was uploaded in IPERMS. So if you get that email you’re probably going to have your stuff populate in iperms in a few days.

19AUG22: Received my back pay

Did you receive a mypay statement before it deposited ? So roughly 45 days from you first CRSC payment I see. Congrats !!!!!

DFAS: pays CRSC
VA: pays VA compensation

There were two separate deposits because there are two agencies involved and each type serves a different purpose.

Ron

I Couldn’t tell ya unfortunately. I haven’t received it yet but I’m certain that they go back to your CRSC effective date. They also take into account the cost of living during those years so you can probably get a rough estimate if you know your current award amount

I just wanted to add, after reading this forum for help as a non-registered user, I decided to register.

I submitted my CRSC claim on 09/15/2022 and I just received the “Your CRSC claim has been received. iPerms release 2.6.0 Regression Testing” this morning, 09/19/2022.

I’m hoping that it isn’t an instant denial lol. I think I submitted a pretty strong case. I submitted my DD214, retirement orders, deployment orders, VA decision letter, PEB/NARSUM findings, and a few individual sheets from my medical records outlining some more proof. I’m primarily submitting mine for my 70% PTSD rating that is combat related, and my wrist that is just 10% but I tore some ligaments from a bunch of hard falls I had in Iraq.

I’ll update back once I find out more. I retired 07/29/2019. Maybe I’ll have my approved CRSC back within one week of applying.

Of note, I’m not sure if this did anything. But I did email HRC as soon as I submitted it, and they responded the same day saying they have now received it. Could be anecdotal but maybe that helped get it processed.