CRSC and Hazardous Duty

DPC Jake

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
All,
I was just made aware through a prior colleague of mine that CRSC isn't restricted to Combative Theater sustained injuries; special operations and hazardous duty qualifies as well. I am mid-stride in MEB/PEB process currently and, like many, I am seeking to maximize the financial position of my family come separation. I am a Diver with the Navy and I have developed neurological issues that are medically impossible to pinpoint an exact catalyst. The condition developed after exposure to water toxins and archaebacteria known to cause nervous system issue. If I am medically retired due to said condition, am I eligible to receive CRSC in CONJUNCTION with my VA disability? What, if any, documentation/medical endorsements would be needed in that instance. Thanks in advance.
-Jake

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello Jake,

Each service has CRSC application guidance, including the Navy/USMC.

At the suggestion of Chaplaincharlie, a collection of CRSC material was gathered and is available for downloading at Supplement to CRSC Information <---LINK to CRSC Information

Per DFAS:
Eligibility
To qualify for CRSC you must:
  • be entitled to and/or receiving military retired pay
  • be rated at least 10 percent by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA)
  • waive your VA pay from your retired pay
  • file a CRSC application with your Branch of Service
Disabilities that may be considered combat related include injuries incurred as a direct result of:
  • Armed Conflict
  • Hazardous Duty
  • An Instrumentality of War
  • Simulated War
---
CRSC replaces waived some or all of retired pay associated with service-approved combat related disabilities. It is paid in addition to VA compensation.

---

Free legal assistance to veterans is available to veterans who may qualify for CRSC. NVLSP has organized and trained a group of attorneys to help qualifying veterans apply for this benefit. Get more info and request free assistance with a CRSC application at https://www.nvlsp.org/ <--- FREE CRSC Help LINK

National Veterans Legal Services Program (NVLSP)

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">