CRSC Appeal question

Jef291

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
How do you go about appealing a denial to the Army review board? The form HRC sent me was for requesting a change to my military records. I don’t have any additional or changes just need to appeal to the board.

How do you go about appealing a denial to the Army review board? The form HRC sent me was for requesting a change to my military records. I don’t have any additional or changes just need to appeal to the board.
Hello,

Preface. If you have been denied CRSC twice, the appeal is submitted on DD Form 149 (although the form does not seem to accommodate CRSC situations well in my opinion).
I have never filed a DD 149, but I recommend you include your written narrative that explains the purpose or your appeal and the reasons the appeal should be approved. Additional pages can be appended to the DD 149 and I would include a cover letter as well. See your mailbox on this site for additional info.

Upon a first denial, a retiree would submit a Form 12E for reconsideration.

Assuming you have been denied twice (original and reconsideration), the following will apply:

Full disclosure: This is a cut and paste and is available on the Army HRC page.

If the CRSC reconsideration is disapproved, a claimant may submit an appeal to the Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA).
  • Appeals to ARBA must be submitted using DD Form 149.
ARBA Reconsideration (DD FORM 149) <---LINK

ARBA Appeals
CRSC claimants who have been disapproved a second time have the opportunity to submit an Appeal with the Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA).

If the original determination was Ineligible or Disapproved for CRSC due to reasons that require changes in the claimants military records.

The claimant must request correction of military records to ARBA by filling out a DD 149 .

Important

Applicants are encouraged to apply for reconsideration to the CRSC Office, BEFORE appealing to ARBA. ARBA will forward your appeal to the U.S. Army SCB (Special Compensation Branch), if new documentation is part of the appeal and SCB has not reviewed the new documentation. In these cases the claims will be “reconsidered” by the U.S. Army CRSC office and SCB, then the reconsideration decision will be sent to ARBA as part of your appeal.

Although circumstances vary

Claimants usually find further information, or documentation that clarifies their eligibility. Claimants are encouraged to request reconsideration if additional documentation is found, as opposed to submitting an appeal to the Army Review Board Agency.

However

If you feel that there is an error in your military records causing you to not meet the preliminary eligibility requirements you must apply for a correction of your military records by filling a DD Form 149 through ARBA before requesting reconsideration or filing an appeal with ARBA.

Ron