CRSC Approved at 3 Months - Army

oif1vet

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just found my CRSC approval letter in my HRC record online.

Letter was dated 18 October 2018.

Original application submitted on 17 July 2018.

I hope that this is a new trend for others as this was exactly 3 months for approval on first try.

I did have my AW2 rep inquire with HRC, but he said that their response was that unless I was sick or gravely injured they could not expedite it. I also emailed HRC last week for an update and they replied that cases are taking around 7 months. So, I don’t believe that either of these inquires sped up the process, however they cannot be completely discounted either.

I hope others have the same luck.

-Dan

Ok I am trying to figure out about this recoup for severance from crsc

I can’t help you there. But there are some experts on here who could probably assist.

If you know any of them could you please send them my way, I can’t get a clear answer

Ok I am trying to figure out about this recoup for severance from crsc
Since CRSC is not retired pay, it is not subject to the provisions of section 1408 of title 10, United States Code, relating to payment of retired or retainer pay in compliance with court orders. CRSC is also not subject to any survivor benefit provisions of chapter 73 of title 10, United States Code. CRSC is subject to a Treasury offset to recover a debt owed to the United States, as well as to garnishment for child support or alimony.

Here is the reference:

DoD 7000.14-R Financial Management Regulation Volume 7B, Chapter 4 * March 2018

040602. Recoupment of DSP

“2. The DFAS will first apply the entire amount of any retroactive retired pay and/or Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) entitlement to any required recoupment of disability severance pay without regard to the percentage limitations specified in section 0410. In determining the retroactive entitlement to retired pay, service members must be treated as though they were retired on the original date of separation, without regard to any disability severance payment received or any reduction in VA disability compensation to recoup previously paid disability severance pay. In order to determine the amount subject to recoupment, as well as any amount payable to a member, DFAS will determine the amount of retired pay that would have been available had the member originally been retired instead of separated. The total amount to recoup will be the full gross amount of disability
severance pay originally paid to the member.”

Ron

Ron

Last edited:
Congrats!

You are welcome!

I just found my CRSC approval letter in my HRC record online.

Letter was dated 18 October 2018.

Original application submitted on 17 July 2018.

I hope that this is a new trend for others as this was exactly 3 months for approval on first try.

I did have my AW2 rep inquire with HRC, but he said that their response was that unless I was sick or gravely injured they could not expedite it. I also emailed HRC last week for an update and they replied that cases are taking around 7 months. So, I don’t believe that either of these inquires sped up the process, however they cannot be completely discounted either.

I hope others have the same luck.

-Dan
Wow; that's excellent news! Indeed, congratulations! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!