1.My high 3 is 3309 (or provide gross retired pay on DFAS RAS)--indicate which
2.I was approved for 50% DOD
3. 7 years 1 month active duty service (or active duty equivalent)
4. 100% VA which is 3406.04 with wife and 1 child under 18.
5. Expected 50% CRSC
Thanks for replying Ron,
My retired pay letter says 1943 a month.
My dod is 100%
VA is 100%
Crsc is 100%
My total service is 11yr 8mo 10 days
My total active is 5 yrs 1mo 4 days
I have a wife and 2 children.
1. Assuming 1943 is gross retired pay; 1943/0.75 = 2590.67 average high three base pay
2. 1943 is reduced to zero by VA comp amount which is 3000+ (not shown in data provided)
3. If you are a reservist or NG your active duty equivalent is total credential points divided by 360. Your retirement orders should show an item such as Disabilty Retirement which is the months and years equivalent active duty (I have been told...I am not a reservist or was not rather). I'll use the 5 years 1 month
4. 5.083 AD duty years x 0.025 = 12.7% longevity multiplier
5. 2590.67 x 0.127 = 329.02 longevity portion of retired pay and you CRSC (CRSC cannot exceed the longevity portion of retired pay)
Note: If you find your active duty equivalent is different from the 5 years one month you showed, provide that info and I'll compute a revision.