PEB Forum Veteran
1. Current DoD disability retirement gross: 4469/0.50 (item 2) = 8938 high threeThanks and see below.
$3,760.64 VA waiver (spouse, child in college, and SMC M housebound (VA 100%))
2. DoD disability retirement percentage. = 50%
3. Years and months of active duty : = 8 years 1 mo assumed You did not change this so...8.0833 yr x 2.5% = 20.21 multiplier
4. 8938 hi three x 20.21% = ~1806 longevity portion of retired pay
5. Gross retired pay minus VA offset: 4469 - 3760 = 709 residual retired pay
6. VA compensation percentage/rate: 3760
7. Longevity portion of retired pay minus residual retired pay: 1806 - 709 = 1097
8. Expected CRSC approval by service: unknown
IF CRSC were approved for you, you would receive the LESSER of the amount determined at item 7 OR the rate/percentage at item 8 (which would mirror the same rate in the VA compensation tables) minus the residual retired pay shown at item 5.
Note: "Reductions for periods on or after January 1, 2013.
1. Members retired for disability under 10 U.S.C., Chapter 61 with 20 or more years of creditable service computed under section 10 U.S.C. § 1208 will have the maximum CRSC payment restricted to the amount, which when combined with any remaining retired pay after VA offset, will not exceed the applicable retired pay to which the member would otherwise have been entitled under any other provisions of law."