CRSC at ten months processing time Army

corey17a

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I called HRC last week to check on my CRSC application because I am just shy of 180 business days. The guy I talked to said that the timeline for processing applications had been changed to ten months. I told him that the CRSC page at HRC was still stating that processing time was 180 business days. He checked with someone else and said that they would be updating the page to state 10 months.

I thought people in the same boat as me would like to know this. I calculated that in my case it will be at least another two months. I’m pretty sure that the additional time will be similar for most. Good luck to everyone and sorry if this is bad news for any of you.

I called HRC last week to check on my CRSC application because I am just shy of 180 business days. The guy I talked to said that the timeline for processing applications had been changed to ten months. I told him that the CRSC page at HRC was still stating that processing time was 180 business days. He checked with someone else and said that they would be updating the page to state 10 months.

I thought people in the same boat as me would like to know this. I calculated that in my case it will be at least another two months. I’m pretty sure that the additional time will be similar for most. Good luck to everyone and sorry if this is bad news for any of you.
Indeed, thanks for the update! :( Take care! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

WOW! I am just about to apply through the Navy so I'm guessing it will be about the same... unbelievable!

WOW! I am just about to apply through the Navy so I'm guessing it will be about the same... unbelievable!
You may luck out. Each branch is different. So 10 months may not apply to the Navy. I hope it goes faster for you.

The AF timeline for CRSC is considerably shorter, so perhaps the Navy's timeline will be also!

Yeah! I was in the same boat as you. They told me 180 business days, then changed it to 12 months. After that, they changed it back to 10 months. I am 13 days shy of 10 months and still nothing yet. I've called them almost everyday to find out whats going on but, get the same answer as everyone else about it's still processing. Really guys. Come on. Still processing.

The HRC site still says 180 business days. As of this morning. I’m not entirely sure that any specific timeline exists for Army CRSC.

On the plus side, they could just eliminate their backlog by denying all the claims. I have not heard anyone say they have ran into that yet. So still processing is agrivating but it is not the end of the World. At least we know the packets are being looked at.

I know in my case that a half hearted effort of just glancing at what I sent in may result in an erroneous denial. If the reviewer actually looks at what I submitted then I do believe I’ll be successful. So like I said, maybe them taking their time is not such a bad thing.

I submitted my packet on 03/20/2017 by e-mail. I have not heard anything but it is processing also. Let me know when you find out something and I’ll do the same. We can at least gauge a little more accurately where we are at.

I submitted my packet on Feburary 1, 2017 and it was accepted on Feburary 13, 2017. So, You are not to far behind me.

Several months ago, the Army announced their CRSC processing cycle is taking an average of 10 months.

Reference: Army Echoes (last summer)

I know. Everytime I call them they tell me it going to average about 10 months. They said it could come before or after. My 10 months come in about 13 days. Hopefully they figure it out before christmas.

I know. Everytime I call them they tell me it going to average about 10 months. They said it could come before or after. My 10 months come in about 13 days. Hopefully they figure it out before christmas.
I know this does not help, but I can remember when the Army processing cycle for CRSC was less than one month. The volume of claims has increased obviously.

On the other hand: VA claims processing usually took one to two years (my experience). Subsequently, the retroactive payment of VA compensation to retirees often took years as well.
I had one retro VA comp that took two years; another that took one year; and one that took 30 months, but DFAS was the cause for that delay.

still ridiculous how long it takes to process

My husband received his CRSC denial last week... he had to wait 14 months to get it. Now we are in the process of deciding whether to pursue reconsideration. Good luck to you all!

Took the Army a Year to get my approval out for my CRSC. And 2 months just to get my first payment. I expect another year for my back pay....

I filed back in May 2017. So I'm looking at another 5 months if im lucky

I filed back in May 2017. So I'm looking at another 5 months if im lucky
Indeed, I completed by CRSC application in May 2017 also. So, hopefully the both of us shall receive an approval letter in the distant future. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

I pray that everyone is getting what they are deserving of!

Sitting at ten days shy of ten months.
200 business days and 290 calendar days.

I called Army HRC today and was told it could be a year. I’ll post on here again if I hear anything.