CRSC Back Pay Time-Line

wiko123

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was approved and started getting monthly CRSC payments in September of 2015. I called several departments about the back pay and no one can give me a straight answer.

How long does it normally take to get the back pay? It's going on 6 months and no one has any idea of where it is.

The more they put it off and don't pay you the sweeter the check you'll have. I know thats not what you want to hear however, I may be going through the same thing here soon as I am starting my MEB/PEB with the Army.

I got my first CRSC payment on June 2015. I'm still waiting on CRSC retro. You can write DFAS and ask for a copy of their CRSC/CRDP Payment Audit Worksheet. The DFAS rep told me to make the request in writing (include Name, SSN, address, etc..) and send it to DFAS Retirement Services PO Box 7130 London Kentucky 40742. It came in the mail around two weeks. If DFAS owes you money from the audit, it can take 30-60 days. According to the audit worksheet, DFAS owes $0 while the VA owes me $3374 in CRSC retro. If the audit shows the VA owes you money, then the VA does their own audit that takes 6-24 months. While the VA does their audit, it will show as a Retirement Pay Adjustment Claim on ebenefits.

Any luck?

VA owes me over 3000 in retro pay. I was told 6 months at a minimum. Probably closer to 12 months to get the pay.

Yea, I've read the VA process can take a REALLY long time.

I'm hoping DFAS gets my situation figured out soon. Received approval in Jun, DFAS processed in July, first payment August 1st.

My claim was backdated to June of 2011. So...that's going to take a while to calculate I'm guessing on DFAS' end.

You hot a big payday coming. Just hurry up and wait. Consider it money in the bank.

When getting back pay do they go back six years automatically? Do t hey just go back to your VA award date or further aka 6 years?

They go back to the effective date
For example, effective date is January 2012 and he is approved at a 100% disability rating in January 2014. That veteran should have received those two years of missing back pay.
Your award letter will have all the details.

Just dropped my paperwork for CRSC today. Wish me luck

Just dropped my paperwork for CRSC today. Wish me luck
not a matter of luck, as long as you have your documentation you should get what you deserve. keep us posted on the status.

Good luck. Took me six years. Even with a signed letter from my deployed commander, performance reports indicating hostile fire, IEDs, egressing a structure that was hit and on fire, etc. they denied mine forever. Medical records, being treated in country, didn't matter. Had to track down a long lost decoration for them to finally give in.

What if my 199 clearly states combat related injury occurred in combat zone? Is that clear enough evidence for approval

What if my 199 clearly states combat related injury occurred in combat zone? Is that clear enough evidence for approval
Not necessarily unfortunately albeit it should provide additional creditability for final CRSC approval by your military branch. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Agree with Warrior644; a combat-related finding on the MEB/PEB decision does not indicate automatic approval for CRSC nor does it bind the CRSC office from recognizing that fact.

CRSC can be quite tedious in what they recognize or count. It is quite surprising they won't do automatic approvals based on the MEB/PEB combat-related findings as well.

Sent PEB/MEB Findings in along with VA doctors notes. What else could they ask for. Sounds like it will take awhile for approval

Sent PEB/MEB Findings in along with VA doctors notes. What else could they ask for. Sounds like it will take awhile for approval

Maybe orders/voucher from the deployment to show you were there

I sent 214 from that period in also with PDRL orders!

Still might not be enough. As crazy as that sounds...