CRSC Calculation Check

60% Army Reserve
Ok and the answer to: "Is the served time all active duty? AD or equivalent is necessary."

What is the AD time or active duty equivalent? It will not be total reserve time.

Ron

Hello,

I infer the 3650 is your current retired pay. If not...high three is needed

A. 3650/0.75 = 4866.67 (which seems high for seven years)
Note: Retiree Account Statement is the RAS.

Please confirm your high three is ~4866.67

Also, are 7 years 21 days active duty time or equivalent? That is what is necessary for the CRSC computation.

Ron
Yes the high three is 4866.67

Yes the 7 years 21 days are active duty time.

Thanks

Bankcru04,

--Looking at my orders would it be disability retirement? If so it is 5 yrs 8 months
--60% DoD
--Gross retired pay $1523.00--Waived
--Served 16 yrs and 10 months
--VA Rating= 100% $3147 Veteran and 2 children under 18
--Approved CRSC Rating--70%

Estimate.

1. 1523/0.60 = 2555 high three (all waived)
2. 5.667 yrs x 0.025 = 14.17% longevity multiplier
3. 2555 x 0.1417 = 362.04 longevity portion or retired pay and your CRSC

Ron

Yes the high three is 4866.67

Yes the 7 years 21 days are active duty time.
Data Provided:
1. Gross retired pay shown on DFAS = $3650.00

2. DOD Disability Retirement Percentage= 100% which would be 75%

3. Reserve Calculation= 7 years 00 months 21 days

4. VA rating= 100% $4199.37 Veteran and 2 children under 18

5. Approved CRSC 100%

A. 3650/0.75 = 4866.67 high three
B. 7yrs x 0.025 = 17.5% longevity multiplier
C. 3650 retired pay waived due to VA comp of 4199.37
D. 4866,67 x 0.175 = 851.67 longevity portion of retired pay and your CRSC amount

Ron

August 6th 2019 i received my retro pay. Approval date May 1 of 551 a month i received first payment August 1st and was paid my retro today but it was only 551. Maybe i don't understand the pay schedule but shouldn't i of had retro from the month of May and June?

August 6th 2019 i received my retro pay. Approval date May 1 of 551 a month i received first payment August 1st and was paid my retro today but it was only 551. Maybe i don't understand the pay schedule but shouldn't i of had retro from the month of May and June?

In July you mentioned, "Will do! My effective date is may 1st with an approval dated June 14."

The payment you received 1 August was for 1-31 July 2019 (as you know). With an effective date of 1 May 2019, the potential retro CRSC would be 1-31 May and 1-30 June 2019 (two months).

Based on the info you have provided, you are missing one month of retro CRSC. However, CRSC is payable only if retired pay is waived for a certain month(s). If you received your full retired pay for 1-31 May 2019, you would not be entitled to CRSC for that month.

Also, if you entered into a retired status on 1 May 2019 (I don't remember when you retired), VA compensation would not have accrued until 1-30 June 2019. Receipt of VA compensation causes the waiver/VA offset.

If, after considering the above you still feel you are due one more month of retro CRSC, you should contact DFAS about the matter. DFAS usually send a computation document pertaining to the payment of retro CRSC. You might want to wait up to a week to receive that document so you can review it.

DFAS: Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time. However, Monday is our busiest day, so we recommend calling Tuesday through Friday for faster service. Lunch time is the busiest time each day, so we recommend calling outside the lunch hour for faster service.

Toll-free: 800-321-1080
Local: 216-522-5955

Ron

April 29th was my retire date so June 1 I received my full retirement check and mid June I got my retro va and full va waived pay July 1.

April 29th was my retire date so June 1 I received my full retirement check and mid June I got my retro va and full va waived pay July 1.
OK

The 1 June payment of "full retirement check: was for 1-31 May 2019. That indicates you did not waive retired pay (whether you wanted to or not) for 1-31 May; therefore, there is no entitlement to CRSC for that month.

You received a real time payment for 1-31 July 2019 on/about 1 August. You also receive one month of retro CRSC for 1-30 June 2019. Your pay seems to be correct based on the info you provided since you did not waive/lose retired pay for 1-31 May 2019.

Ron

Added for jonest28:

Included in your remarks was "...and mid June I got my retro va..."

If the payment in mid-June was VA compensation for 1-31 May 2019, then you have been overpaid since according to your statements, you received full retired pay for 1-31 May 2019. In other words, you did not have a VA offset per your comments.

You might want to review your payment records and the basis for the payments, particularly for 1-31 May 2019.

Ron

I might not have been clear. Retire date 29 April. I received my full check June 1st for the full amount of may. About June 15th the VA paid me my benefit minus what I had received in retirement pay. July 1st received full 100% va. August 1st 100% va +crsc and Aug 6 I got a second payment from dfas for 551 which is my crsc amount.

This last statement says this is my retro so I'm guessing may doesn't count due to my situation and I was owed 1 month not 2 as I thought

This was interesting (to me at least): "About June 15th the VA paid me my benefit minus what I had received in retirement pay [for 1-31 May]."

From what has been reported, this seems to be accurate: "This last statement says this is my retro so I'm guessing may doesn't count due to my situation and I was owed 1 month not 2 as I thought."

Ron

I received a payment of 551 retro from the VA today.
You said earlier this month, "I might not have been clear. Retire date 29 April. I received my full check June 1st for the full amount of may. About June 15th the VA paid me my benefit minus what I had received in retirement pay. July 1st received full 100% va. August 1st 100% va +crsc and Aug 6 I got a second payment from dfas for 551 which is my crsc amount "

Often, the VA will initially pay the VA compensation that is in excess of the retired pay that must be waived. That would explain the "About June 15th the VA paid me my benefit minus what I had received in retirement pay."

The payment of today appears to be the VA compensation that was previously withheld. Without seeing the documentation associated with this activity, the VA compensation paid today is due to the $551 CRSC.

You should receive an audit statement from DFAS that explains the payments from both the VA and CRSC (DFAS). At one time, the audit sheets were not provided automatically; I had to request most of mine.

Recommend you request it in writing from DFAS retired pay if you have not received the audit sheets by the end of August.

Ron