CRSC Calculation Help

cmjames84

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Want to start off by saying that I love that this forum is still going!!

I was hoping for a little help with a potential CRSC claim, trying to see if it is possible that I'll get anything.

1. High 3 = $2825
2. Army Rating 80%
3. 10 years 7 days active duty
4. 100% VA 4202
5. projected 80% for CRSC?

I hope I didn't miss any numbers needed, thank you for any help!

Want to start off by saying that I love that this forum is still going!!

I was hoping for a little help with a potential CRSC claim, trying to see if it is possible that I'll get anything.

1. High 3 = $2825
2. Army Rating 80%
3. 10 years 7 days active duty
4. 100% VA 4202
5. projected 80% for CRSC?

I hope I didn't miss any numbers needed, thank you for any help!
Your High 3 is pretty low. Can you give me your RAS Chapter 61 pension amount before VA offset? Since you are maxed out at 75% DOD you can take the number and divide it by .75 and that will be your HIGH 3 number needed to calculate CRSC.

Your High 3 is pretty low. Can you give me your RAS Chapter 61 pension amount before VA offset? Since you are maxed out at 75% DOD you can take the number and divide it by .75 and that will be your HIGH 3 number needed to calculate CRSC.

Per DFAS, it is 2730.
Not sure if it matters, but I'm married with 2 under age 18 dependents.

I really appreciate you look at this for me @Provis

If I'm understanding some of the other posts..
2730 / .75 = 3640
10 years active duty = 25% * 3640 = $910
Is this accurate?

If I'm understanding some of the other posts..
2730 / .75 = 3640
10 years active duty = 25% * 3640 = $910
Is this accurate?
Hello,

Yes, $910 is the longevity portion of your retired pay and a CRSC maximum.

If your CRSC was approved at 80%, you would receive the $910 max.

Ron

Hello,

Yes, $910 is the longevity portion of your retired pay and a CRSC maximum.

If your CRSC was approved at 80%, you would receive the $910 max.

Ron
Thanks Ron! We appreciate all that you do for Soldiers!!!

Thanks Ron! We appreciate all that you do for Soldiers!!!
I appreciate all the teammates on this board and one other that I joined circa 2008 and later changed my account in 2011. The CRSC questions there were like a flowing river at one time. Now...maybe one a week.

Ron

I appreciate all the teammates on this board and one other that I joined circa 2008 and later changed my account in 2011. The CRSC questions there were like a flowing river at one time. Now...maybe one a week.

Ron
Hey Ron and @Provis

I really appreciate yall looking at this for me. I'd definitely say its worth my time to apply for.

Thank you both again!

Hi @Provis
Would like to piggy back off this post if possible. Recently received my approval for CRSC and curious what I can expect for monthly payment.

I was medically retired after 8 years. I have 80% from VA and 40% from Army. CRSC granted me 40% from their findings. I’m married with 3 kiddos. I appreciate any help you can provide!

Hi @Provis
Would like to piggy back off this post if possible. Recently received my approval for CRSC and curious what I can expect for monthly payment.

I was medically retired after 8 years. I have 80% from VA and 40% from Army. CRSC granted me 40% from their findings. I’m married with 3 kiddos. I appreciate any help you can provide!
Hello @frenchsapper
cc: @Provis

Provis will need the following:

1. Gross amount of retired pay before VA offset on most recent DFAS RAS
2. Active duty equivalent shown on page one of retirement orders under DISABILITY RETIREMENT
3. Amount of your VA compensation
4. Approved CRSC percentage (40%)

Ron

Hello,

I'm trying to wrap my head around a recalculation of my CRSC. I was recently removed from the TDRL and Placed on the PDRL. I went from 100% DOD to 70%. Additionally, with that change the CRSC percentage would drop to 90% from 100%. I'm trying to understand how much my CRSC will decrease based on this change. I'm still 100% VA just lost SMC.
High 3 is: $4,832
RAS Gross Pay: $3,624
Longevity multiplier is: 40%
VA Compensation is now : 4,305
Current CRSC: $ 1,902

Hello,

I'm trying to wrap my head around a recalculation of my CRSC. I was recently removed from the TDRL and Placed on the PDRL. I went from 100% DOD to 70%. Additionally, with that change the CRSC percentage would drop to 90% from 100%. I'm trying to understand how much my CRSC will decrease based on this change. I'm still 100% VA just lost SMC.
High 3 is: $4,832
RAS Gross Pay: $3,624
Longevity multiplier is: 40%
VA Compensation is now : 4,305
Current CRSC: $ 1,902
Hello @NateB15 ,

Since your current CRSC payment is $1902 (which is not the rate for 100% CRSC), it appears you are receiving the longevity portion of your retired pay as CRSC.

It appears that with 90% CRSC, the longevity will remain the lesser and the amount paid as CRSC. CRSC cannot be more than the longevity computation.

The lowest amount for 90% in the VA comp tables (also used for CRSC) is 2,241.91.

Ron
cc: @Provis

I have tried figuring this out to no avail, could you help me calculate what my CRSC will be? I was just approved CRSC at 70%. I am medically retired at 30% of E5 pay. VA rated 80% with spouse and two children, $2,497/mo, that includes 132.74 for a SMC-K. My RAS before deduction was $855. I don’t know all of the details below:

1. High 3 = ? (RAS was $855)
2. AF Rating 30% on Ch 61
3. 5 years 8 months active duty
4. 80% VA $2497 (including $132.74 SMC-K)
5. Approved 70% for CRSC

Last edited:
I have tried figuring this out to no avail, could you help me calculate what my CRSC will be? I was just approved CRSC at 70%. I am medically retired at 30% of E5 pay. My RAS before deduction was $855. I don’t know all of the details below:

1. High 3 = ? (RAS was $855)
2. AF Rating 30% on Ch 61
3. 5 years 8 months active duty
4. 80% VA $2497 (including $132.74 SMC-K)
5. Approved 70% for CRSC?
Hello,

1. Gross retired pay (before deductions) divided by 30% = average high three

2. 5.67 x 2.5% (or 2% for blended retirement) = longevity multiplier

3. Result at item one x result at item 2 = longevity portion of retirement

4. CRSC at 70% = amount found in VA comp tables

5. Your CRSC will be the lesser (lower) amount of items 3 and 4

Ron

Hello,

Ron
Thank you for the response, but I must say that I am still confused. “Gross retired pay (before deductions)”, is that monthly or annually? The $855 was my monthly before deductions.

Thank you for the response, but I must say that I am still confused. “Gross retired pay (before deductions)”, is that monthly or annually? The $855 was my monthly before deductions.
Gross pay is on the most recent DFAS RAS and is shown in the left column as “gross pay”.

Monthly.

Ron

Gross pay is on the most recent DFAS RAS and is shown in the left column as “gross pay”.

Monthly.

Ron
So I am coming up with $403.99. I have no idea if I am doing this right. Thanks!

So I am coming up with $403.99. I have no idea if I am doing this right. Thanks!
Hello,

855/30% = 2850 high three

Non blended, 5.67 x 2.5% = 14.18% longevity multiplier

2850 x 14.18% = 404.14 longevity portion of retired pay
Much more tha 404.14
404.14 based on the info you provided, if you DID NOT have blended retirement

Ron

Hello,

855/30% = 2850 high three

Non blended, 5.67 x 2.5% = 14.18% longevity multiplier

2850 x 14.18% = 404.14 longevity portion of retired pay
Much more tha 404.14
404.14 based on the info you provided, if you DID NOT have blended retirement

Ron
Thank you so much for your help, Ron! I did not have blended retirement.

Hello @MagnumTi

Glad we could help.

Take care...

Ron