CRSC Newb

erikeckert

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello,

Just got my findings back from my LDES case for PTSD and i was rated at 50% TDRL status. I am still awaiting my DD214 and then I plan to do my VA ratings once I separate. CRSC is news to me, I was rated my condition to be in a Combat Zone so combat related.... does this qualify me to recieve this pay? What are the proper steps and channels to go about receiving this. Thank you for any help.

Hello,

Just got my findings back from my LDES case for PTSD and i was rated at 50% TDRL status. I am still awaiting my DD214 and then I plan to do my VA ratings once I separate. CRSC is news to me, I was rated my condition to be in a Combat Zone so combat related.... does this qualify me to recieve this pay? What are the proper steps and channels to go about receiving this. Thank you for any help.
Hello @erikeckert ,

CRSC is a special compensation that can replace some or all of the waived retirement pay lost when receiving VA compensation. Each service has their own CRSC board and web page. Links to CRSC info are at: A Supplement to CRSC Information <---LINK The links to the service pages are at the bottom of that site.

CRSC requires an application submitted to the service concerned and its approval. There are hundreds of CRSC discussions on this site. You can find them by using the SEARCH feature at upper right corner of page. CRSC as the search term should be adequate.

Good luck,
Ron

Hello,

Re: "... and then I plan to do my VA ratings once I separate."

One of the requirements for CRSC is to be in receipt of VA compensation.
Another requirement is the waiver of retired pay dollar for dollar in the amount of VA compensation received.

Ron

Hello,

Re: "... and then I plan to do my VA ratings once I separate."

One of the requirements for CRSC is to be in receipt of VA compensation.
Another requirement is the waiver of retired pay dollar for dollar in the amount of VA compensation received.

Ron
great info, Thank you.