CRSC PACT Act Processing

Hero939

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I wanted to check and see if anyone has an update on the CRSC applications and if they are being held/denied by HRC for PACT act presumptives still. I will be submitting a CRSC packet for on the basis of my VA 100% permanent/total asthma, pulmonary hypertension and obstructive sleep apnea (rated as one overall condition by VA) and will be filed under presumptive condition since I spent an accumulative 27 months down range for OIF.

I was medically retired January 2019 with a MEB/PEB finding me 100% on both the army side and VA side for ratings. VA ratings state Service Connected - Gulf War Connected as well.

The HRC site still has the what’s new message from September 7th 2022 stating to hold off on pact act claims -waiting for VA to start processing claims, which started January 1st 2023 so I feel it should be ok now, wanted to see if anyone has an update basically.
Thank you for your time!

I wanted to check and see if anyone has an update on the CRSC applications and if they are being held/denied by HRC for PACT act presumptives still. I will be submitting a CRSC packet for on the basis of my VA 100% permanent/total asthma, pulmonary hypertension and obstructive sleep apnea (rated as one overall condition by VA) and will be filed under presumptive condition since I spent an accumulative 27 months down range for OIF.

I was medically retired January 2019 with a MEB/PEB finding me 100% on both the army side and VA side for ratings. VA ratings state Service Connected - Gulf War Connected as well.

The HRC site still has the what’s new message from September 7th 2022 stating to hold off on pact act claims -waiting for VA to start processing claims, which started January 1st 2023 so I feel it should be ok now, wanted to see if anyone has an update basically.
Thank you for your time!
I saw a pact act claim for CRSC approved just recently for OSA with COPD. So my guess is that you are good to go to apply!

I saw a pact act claim for CRSC approved just recently for OSA with COPD. So my guess is that you are good to go to apply!
Nice, I’ll go ahead and apply then and keep everyone posted on the process. I have another question, I have my diagnostics/records to show I was diagnosed and everything, but to prove a presumptive is tied to deployment, does it just have to be compensated by VA and have proof of deployment? I was diagnosed 8 years after deployment - after collapsing at my SLC course - and just have the work up at the time and VA stating Gulf War related, but nothing during deployment asthma related.

Nice, I’ll go ahead and apply then and keep everyone posted on the process. I have another question, I have my diagnostics/records to show I was diagnosed and everything, but to prove a presumptive is tied to deployment, does it just have to be compensated by VA and have proof of deployment? I was diagnosed 8 years after deployment - after collapsing at my SLC course - and just have the work up at the time and VA stating Gulf War related, but nothing during deployment asthma related.
Presumptive means it must be rated as service connection by the VA and have DD214 etc. show in a qualified country to get the presumed service connection. If you read the CRSC requirements they will list everything you need to send. Its pretty easy. My wife filled out the application for a presumptive condition and she is confident she will be approved since its a cut and dry issue. Way easier to get CRSC for a presumed condition in my opinion.

Thank you for the info, I went ahead and submitted my packet on 2/13 (emailed Army HRC directly to their group mail box)! How long should I wait to follow up with them to see if they got it for processing? I set it to send a read receipt once they open it and nothing yet (but they can click don’t send receipt lol). I tried their 1800 number and their phones are messed up/call tree isn’t responding to selections so can’t get to them that way.

Thank you for the info, I went ahead and submitted my packet on 2/13 (emailed Army HRC directly to their group mail box)! How long should I wait to follow up with them to see if they got it for processing? I set it to send a read receipt once they open it and nothing yet (but they can click don’t send receipt lol). I tried their 1800 number and their phones are messed up/call tree isn’t responding to selections so can’t get to them that way.
I tried email but got an email a day later saying they couldn't get the attachment. I ended up mailing the application and a week later I got an email that the application was received and then 2 weeks from sending it I got a letter from my branch stating the application was received. So it was the old fashioned way of mailing it that worked. Things are moving pretty fast for the Army. I expect an award 90 days from them getting the application but branches timeline was much more conservative. Something like between 90 and 120 business days. Since the condition was presumptive its an easy approval. Just needed to check that there is DD214 for being deployed to that country and then a VA award for the presumptive condition. Though everything on the checklist was sent except for a VA Rating Code Sheet. Others stated they didn't' send it and got approved. Its been a lot harder to get that than I though it would. Having a hard time finding a VSO as they are all overworked to sign up and pull that information for me.

They just emailed me lol…. they can’t open their own DD2860 saying it needs to be printed and scanned back in to remove their own password lock sigh.

They just emailed me lol…. they can’t open their own DD2860 saying it needs to be printed and scanned back in to remove their own password lock sigh.
Just resubmitted with the lock removed from the form. So roughly 4 days is the time it takes to start processing an emailed packet it seems.

The sad part about all of this is my PEBLO and retirement office new that these OIF/pact act conditions would eventually be covered under CRSC but at the time of my medical retirement 4 years ago, all they could do is word it in my paperwork for a future claim since they weren’t allowing them in 2019.

Just got email confirmation that my CRSC packet has been received and has been forwarded for processing, 60-120 day estimate for decision letter to be sent it looks like due to the high volume of requests.

Though everything on the checklist was sent except for a VA Rating Code Sheet. Others stated they didn't' send it and got approved. Its been a lot harder to get that than I though it would. Having a hard time finding a VSO as they are all overworked to sign up and pull that information for me.
If I remember my different VA ratings and approved CRSC ratings from 2008 to present...they were:
10%
20%
50%
70%
90%
100%
back to 90%
SMC-S and K was the last approval in 2015

I never submitted a VA rating sheet. I developed all my CRSC applications.

Ron

Have another update today, this time iPERMS :)

Your CRSC Claim has been received.
iPERMS Release 2.6.0 Regression testing.
Please do not reply to this system generated email.

Looks like it’s moving along now, took 5 days in total from initial email to getting it into the hands of the folks that make the decision on it.

If I remember my different VA ratings and approved CRSC ratings from 2008 to present...they were:
10%
20%
50%
70%
90%
100%
back to 90%
SMC-S and K was the last approval in 2015

I never submitted a VA rating sheet. I developed all my CRSC applications.

Ron
I had my codes sheet from my MEB/PEB still thankfully and they had typed Gulf War incurred on it as well for future compensation under CRSC/CRDP since it wasn’t a presumptive back in 2019 but they anticipated it would be in the future.76399FEA-8667-4A7B-A06D-1ED29E1DFD34.jpeg

Where in IPERMS does this letter populate?
The initial iPERMS entry for the claim isn’t a letter that is added, it’s a email they send to you that just lets you know one of the claims reps entered your packet for processing. Once the 60-120 days has passed and they have completed the claim, they will mail a letter to you and then iPERMS will have a document entry. DFAS will also have that info as well since they will be making the payments on the claim.

The initial iPERMS entry for the claim isn’t a letter that is added, it’s a email they send to you that just lets you know one of the claims reps entered your packet for processing. Once the 60-120 days has passed and they have completed the claim, they will mail a letter to you and then iPERMS will have a document entry. DFAS will also have that info as well since they will be making the payments on the claim.
Where would the document entry be at in iperms? What category?

Where would the document entry be at in iperms? What category?
There’s a view all forms option in iPERMS and you can sort that by newest date and it will show you all of your documents in order. I don’t have my CRSC determination yet so I can’t tell you which sub-section it will show under specifically. If you have your CRSC determination letter, then just select the view all forms and just sort by date and you will see it.

Came back to update, took 90 days on the dot to get my CRSC determination in iPERMS, came back approved at 100% compensation for asthma as part of instrumentality of war (burn pit exposure). Waiting on the DFAS computation now which could be next week.

Received my first check for CRSC yesterday, computations were forwarded on the 17th to DFAS. It appears the cutoff to get payment on the 1st is the 20th of each month along with the audit start date. Called DFAS today to find out when my retroactive pay is to be expected and when the audit was started and it appears to have been done on 17th May as well. The audit was forwarded for final review on 20 May and payment expected by 20 June.