Crsc pay statement not generating?

I wonder what that means for retro statements this month. I don’t want to have to call every couple days to see if mine has been approved or not.

Not sure, i'm confused by the whole thing and as someone with severe mental health issues this has been throwing me off bad. I hope they get you your retro soon.

Not sure, i'm confused by the whole thing and as someone with severe mental health issues this has been throwing me off bad. I hope they get you your retro soon.
Along with everyone else who has been receiving CRSC (since 2005-2006 in my case), DFAS MyPay is not showing a CRSC statement for 1-31 May. However, my financial institution has already posted the amount for my account.

The lack of a CRSC statement does not indicate you will not be paid, even if it would be your first payment. There will be some, just as in every month, whose approval document was received too late to process it for 1-31 May.

My remarks do not pertain to retroactive payment of CRSC. Those type payments are not restricted to a payment date of the first of a month (or last business day of the previous month in the case of the 1st being on a weekend or holiday). Retro payments are made out of cycle.

Ron

Posted!!!

Mine posted too. I also had my retro posted finally!!!
Congrats on finally getting your retro pay! You previously said you were over the 120 days. Was that 120 days from the day you were approved or from the day they started the audit? I'm being told something different everytime I call. Some reps say I should already have my retro and others say there's still time. It has been escalated twice now with no response. I was approved Feb 16, and was told the audit was started April 1, which is the day I received the 1st payment. Then I was told someone looked at it June 3, but didn't work on it. I have also been told that no one has been assigned to my audit which is confusing because how was it started but not assigned? Meanwhile, DFAS website still says 30-60 days for payment. The whole process is frustrating and confusing.

Congrats on finally getting your retro pay! You previously said you were over the 120 days. Was that 120 days from the day you were approved or from the day they started the audit? I'm being told something different everytime I call. Some reps say I should already have my retro and others say there's still time. It has been escalated twice now with no response. I was approved Feb 16, and was told the audit was started April 1, which is the day I received the 1st payment. Then I was told someone looked at it June 3, but didn't work on it. I have also been told that no one has been assigned to my audit which is confusing because how was it started but not assigned? Meanwhile, DFAS website still says 30-60 days for payment. The whole process is frustrating and confusing.
It took 150 days from the date of my first payment until my retro statement posted. I was given a different story every time as well. I don’t feel they are given any training to be consistent over there.

cindyg27,

Re: "I have also been told that no one has been assigned to my audit which is confusing because how was it started but not assigned?"

Conjecture: It could have been placed/batched with similar approvals and assigned an identification number so it can be easily located, but not yet assigned to a team or individual to process. Prior to the advent of DFAS, that (block tickets or batched work) was part of the process in Army division finance offices, although the processing was much faster.

That info is offered only as a possible explanation to the your question at the "regarding line" above.

You likely have already come to this conclusion, but "being processed" is a nebulous answer to a question, irrespective of its source. For example, the Army CRSC board has long used that as the answer to a request for status of an application. Opinion: It many of those cases they have not started the actual evaluation.

You could contact the Director, Retired Pay is you feel it is warranted.

Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
Attn: Director Roland Wadge
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46249-1200

Fax
Please include your full name, daytime phone number, social security number and signature on all written correspondence.
Retired Pay: 800-469-6559
------------
Ron

I guess the new normal is gonna be to wait until the day we get paid to post crsc statement, cause it's not showing up again this month. I called yesterday and they said everything is fine, but not understanding why they dont post the statement cause when they do it's always back dated to around the 21st.

I guess the new normal is gonna be to wait until the day we get paid to post crsc statement, cause it's not showing up again this month. I called yesterday and they said everything is fine, but not understanding why they dont post the statement cause when they do it's always back dated to around the 21st.
I had not looked, but I trust your observation.

It is odd since they were usually available on/about the 21st of each month...for years.

Ron

Yes, its very odd. I wonder if it has to do with the site update last month. Cause last month was the first month this has happened and now a month later and it's doing the same thing.

Agreed it's late again they will also print a retired pay letter even if you don't get any, before if you waived all retired pay the letter generator would state your not on the rolls and would not generate and now it will.

I noticed that as well last month, glad I'm not the only one, the pay was still there last month and they say it will be there again this month. But when something you have been use to for years changes and you have severe mental health issues it throws you for a loop. My anxiety goes through the roof.

Just got off the phone with them and they said im due the pay, but no explanation on why it's not updating. My wife tells me to just not check each month. I wish it was that easy.

@Joshuascout

If you that stressed out about it open a bank account with chime and change your CRSC direct deposit to them, you will get it on the 26th of every month.

Hmmm... Its now June 30th and while I am happy I received my pay, I am c curious as to why my statement hasn't shown. I only bring this up because I am still waiting on my retro pay.

Most recent CRSC statement (my own, 30 June 2019):

STATEMENT EFFECTIVE DATE
MAY 21, 2019
PAYMENT DATE
MAY 31, 2019

Friday night, I received the correct amount for 1-30 June 2019 (my financial institution posted it early). I do not know why DFAS is late in posting the statements. I have received CRSC for 10+ years and DFAS has never failed to pay me on time.

Being curious about retro pay is understandable.

Ron

Yes, its very odd. I wonder if it has to do with the site update last month. Cause last month was the first month this has happened and now a month later and it's doing the same thing.
As I mentioned in another post, I have received CRSC for 10+ years and DFAS has never failed to pay me on time.

I usually visit MyPaY only after a COLA increase and once or twice a year to determine if my statement is missing as reported by others. A belated statement has never caused a late payment of CRSC for me.

As long as your financial institution is receiving the deposit on time...all is well.

Good luck,
Ron

I spoke to DFAS yesterday when trying to find out about my Retro Audit. They said that there was a system glitch with MyPay that is delaying the CRSC statements from being posted. The person I spoke to was under the impression that it had been fixed and was surprised when I told them that this month's still hadn't posted. Like a few others stated, the pay did go out to people which is the important part. Hopefully they sort out the issue soon, most likely something to do with them updating MyPay for the first time in over a decade.