CRSC Payment Caculation

So i checked the status today and it went from pending DFAS approval to Open staus....in your experience has this happened if you werent approved? or do you know why it would go back to Open status?

Thank you!
What is the source of the info? Is this on the Army Human Resources Command webpage?

I haven’t looked at it in years and I just remember seeing an approval for my CRSC application. I don’t remember seeing anything about “pending” and certainly nothing about “DFAS” (except in the approval letter).

Ron

MyPers for AF. I assumed meant it was approved if it was being sent to DFAS pending approval, but now it just states as open. its a waiting game and i dont like to wait lol

MyPers for AF. I assumed meant it was approved if it was being sent to DFAS pending approval, but now it just states as open. its a waiting game and i dont like to wait lol
It appears the USAF CRSC webpage is designed slightly different from that of the Army.

OPEN = not finished...JMO

Ron

1. 1812 gross pay
2. DoD 60%
3. 9 years 11 months
4. VA waiver 3918.08 smcL/S
5. Expected CRSC 27may09-2015=50% from 2015 current 100%
6. No only ch 61

It appears the USAF CRSC webpage is designed slightly different from that of the Army.

OPEN = not finished...JMO

Ron
1. 1812 gross pay
2. DoD 60%
3. 9 years 11 months
6. No only ch 61

1. 1812 gross pay
2. DoD 60%
3. 9 years 11 months
6. No only ch 61
Hello,

You did not identify number and category for dependents; however that info was not required in this case.

A. 1812/0.60 = 3020 high three base pay
B. VA compensation reduces retired pay to zero
C. Assuming 9 years 11 months is active duty, 9.917 AD x 2.5% = 24.79% longevity multiplier
D. 3020 x 0.2479 = 748.66 dollar amount of longevity portion of retired pay
E. Based on the info you provided, your CRSC is 748.66 currently. It would be roughly the same for the earlier years even though the CRSC approved rate was less.
F. CRSC can never be more than the dollar amount of the longevity portion of retired pay.

Ron

Hello,

You did not identify number and category for dependents; however that info was not required in this case.

C. Assuming 9 years 11 months is active duty, 9.917 AD x 2.5% = 24.79% longevity multiplier
E. Based on the info you provided, your CRSC is 748.66 currently. It would be roughly the same for the earlier years even though the CRSC approved rate was less.
F. CRSC can never be more than the dollar amount of the longevity portion of retired pay.

Ron
Ok thanks my effective date says 2009may 1. I know the passed the 6 year statue of limitations for retro back pay but given that this is my 4th time applying for CRSC do that apply to me as well ?

Ok thanks my effective date says 2009may 1. I know the passed the 6 year statue of limitations for retro back pay but given that this is my 4th time applying for CRSC do that apply to me as well ?
From phone.

I've noticed some approved "board of corrections" cases go back more than six years. Perhaps your application date preserved an earlier payment date.
I am away from home and do not have the law in front of me while using a phone. Will look at it later.

From phone.

I've noticed some approved "board of corrections" cases go back more than six years. Perhaps your application date preserved an earlier payment date.
I am away from home and do not have the law in front of me while using a phone. Will look at it later.
Ok I am grateful for your help RonG

Ok I am grateful for your help RonG
When did you first apply? The year will suffice.

I believe that the first application is the key. There is another case on this board that has some similarities, but not an application that predates six years.

Ron

When did you first apply? The year will suffice.

I believe that the first application is the key. There is another case on this board that has some similarities, but not an application that predates six years.

Ron
I believe in 2010

I believe in 2010 [first application for CRSC]
31 U.S. Code § 3702.Authority to settle claims
Six-Years Barring Law LINK <----

"
A claim against the Government presented under this section must contain the signature and address of the claimant or an authorized representative. The claim must be received by the official responsible under subsection (a) for settling the claim or by the agency

that conducts the activity from which the claim arises within 6 years after the claim accrues except—
(A)
as provided in this chapter or another law; or
(B)
a claim of a State, the District of Columbia, or a territory or possession of the United States"

Perhaps, your initial application for CRSC satisfies the legal requirement for
"The claim must be received by the official responsible under subsection (a) for settling the claim or by the agency
that conducts the activity from which the claim arises within 6 years after the claim accrues except—..."

Please keep us updated on future developments.

Good luck,
Ron

31 U.S. Code § 3702.Authority to settle claims
Six-Years Barring Law LINK <----

"
A claim against the Government presented under this section must contain the signature and address of the claimant or an authorized representative. The claim must be received by the official responsible under subsection (a) for settling the claim or by the agency

that conducts the activity from which the claim arises within 6 years after the claim accrues except—
(A)
as provided in this chapter or another law; or
(B)
a claim of a State, the District of Columbia, or a territory or possession of the United States"

Perhaps, your initial application for CRSC satisfies the legal requirement for
"The claim must be received by the official responsible under subsection (a) for settling the claim or by the agency
that conducts the activity from which the claim arises within 6 years after the claim accrues except—..."

Please keep us updated on future developments.

Good luck,
Ron
Ok will do thanks again for all the information

Hello,

Ron
Does the SMC codes and 100% total combat related disability means that I will receive the full CRSC or extra CRSC I read somewhere it may just curious ?

Attachments

• AF4B3C8E-86BD-4602-803E-AD35FE0CBFE5.jpeg
    AF4B3C8E-86BD-4602-803E-AD35FE0CBFE5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 16C5F5FB-59A0-4F3B-82CA-9B88FB0BF916.jpeg
    16C5F5FB-59A0-4F3B-82CA-9B88FB0BF916.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Hello,

Unfortunately...no.

Your CRSC will be the following: 3020 x 0.2479 = 748.66 dollar amount of longevity portion of retired pay
based on the info provided by you.

Only COLA increases will increase that amount; it is the ceiling.

Example: I am a regular retiree with 22 years AD...retired 30 years ago. My gross retired pay is 2800 and that is the longevity amount. I am approved at 100% plus SMC-S and K...my VA comp is around 3550. My CRSC is 2800 as it is my longevity amount and in my case the total waiver. Ch 61 CRSC is limited as I have shown.

Ron

Hello,

Unfortunately...no.

Your CRSC will be the following: 3020 x 0.2479 = 748.66 dollar amount of longevity portion of retired pay
based on the info provided by you.

Only COLA increases will increase that amount; it is the ceiling.

Example: I am a regular retiree with 22 years AD...retired 30 years ago. My gross retired pay is 2800 and that is the longevity amount. I am approved at 100% plus SMC-S and K...my VA comp is around 3550. My CRSC is 2800 as it is my longevity amount and in my case the total waiver. Ch 61 CRSC is limited as I have shown.

Ron
Ok understood fully thanks again Ron