CRSC & PDBR Questions.

VyletJess

Registered Member
I am brand new to this so I apologize if this is repetitive. I have looked through quite a few posts and not found answers. I was discharged from the Army in 2004. I received a medical retirement but the MEB has it listed as major depressive disorder. In 2006 I was diagnosed with PTSD with 2 different civilian providers. In 2007 I was diagnosed with PTSD by the VA and my disability was increased from 30% to 80% with unemployability, but they left the VA code as major depressive disorder with anxiety. All my VA codes are however listed as service connected combat related and I have a report from my extensive PTSD evaluation. I applied for CRSC and was denied based on my Army PEB being listed as major depressive disorder. When I called to ask for advice I was told that my best bet may be to apply to the Army board for correction of military records. When I filled out the questionnaire I was directed to the PDBR. I sent an email to be sure this would be the correct department and was told to submit a DD Form 294. However, everything I have come across since says that I am not eligible to apply to the PDBR because I was discharged with a rating of more than 20%. I am trying to get the reason for my medical board changed from depression to PTSD. My questions are:

Am I eligible to file with the PDBR or did that person not read the information in my email ie: discharged more than 15 years ago and received more than 20%?

Also, is there a time limit for me to appeal to CRSC? Do I need to wait for a change in my Army record or should I just send in the appeal with some trivial documentation to keep the inquiry active? I hate to waste anyones time.

Do I have any chance at getting any of this accomplished? PDBR or CRSC?

Any opinions and advice is greatly appreciated.

For a veteran’s case to be eligible for review by the PDBR, he must have been medically separated (a disability rating of 0%, 10%, or 20%) from the military between September 11, 2001 and December 31, 2009. All veterans separated before September 11, 2001 are not eligible to have their case reviewed by the PDBR, and all veterans who were separated after December 31, 2009 are already rated solely on the VASRD, so they don’t need to be reviewed by the PDBR.

The rating discussed above is the DoD disability rating, not to be confused with a rating from the VA.

If you received a DoD rating of 30% or more, you were not just separated, you were retired.

“Trivial documentation “ only causes a waste of time for all concerned.

Your CRSC approval letter will cite the effective date. Six years is the normal ceiling for retroactive payments.
Ron

I’m new to this forum. I’m putting in my claim for my PTSD with MST. I’m having a difficult time with page 3 of 21-0781a. I’m not very good at expressing myself and I feel like I’m gonna short change myself. Are they asking my behavior changes from incident to present day? Any advice or help would be appreciated. I just hate talking about this subject.

Attachments

• 43AE0391-A011-48E7-90EC-5F69A47D11D8.jpeg
    43AE0391-A011-48E7-90EC-5F69A47D11D8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
For a veteran’s case to be eligible for review by the PDBR, he must have been medically separated (a disability rating of 0%, 10%, or 20%) from the military between September 11, 2001 and December 31, 2009. All veterans separated before September 11, 2001 are not eligible to have their case reviewed by the PDBR, and all veterans who were separated after December 31, 2009 are already rated solely on the VASRD, so they don’t need to be reviewed by the PDBR.

The rating discussed above is the DoD disability rating, not to be confused with a rating from the VA.

If you received a DoD rating of 30% or more, you were not just separated, you were retired.

“Trivial documentation “ only causes a waste of time for all concerned.

Your CRSC approval letter will cite the effective date. Six years is the normal ceiling for retroactive payments.
Ron

Is this an issue that could be addressed through the Army board for correction of military records? Is there anything else I can do for CRSC? I appreciate your response. Thank you.

I’m new to this forum. I’m putting in my claim for my PTSD with MST. I’m having a difficult time with page 3 of 21-0781a. I’m not very good at expressing myself and I feel like I’m gonna short change myself. Are they asking my behavior changes from incident to present day? Any advice or help would be appreciated. I just hate talking about this subject.
You should start your own thread...your current post will likely be overlooked while mixed with CRSC questions.

I could not find a "move" tool to shift your post to a more appropriate location.

click "Forums" on main page (upper left) and then find "New thread" to the right of the page.

Ron