CRSC Retro Pay

DocSpain

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I contacted DFAS today and was told that my audit started on October 14th and was now complete. The lady stated that it is now pending review. Does anyone have any insight for the review process once the audit is complete? Sitting at 61 days since 1st payment, 3 payments received, and 5 months since CRSC approval from Army HRC.

I contacted DFAS today and was told that my audit started on October 14th and was now complete. The lady stated that it is now pending review. Does anyone have any insight for the review process once the audit is complete? Sitting at 61 days since 1st payment, 3 payments received, and 5 months since CRSC approval from Army HRC.
1. Audit started 14 October and now complete: The payment timelines for the DFAS CRSC cycles vary. Generally, retro CRSC is paid
1-3 months after receipt of approval from the service. Some, such as yours, may take longer. Incidentally, no one at DFAS is directly working on a single CSRC case for months. Most of the computations can be completed within 10 minutes. The long wait is due to the volume of cases they receive.

2. I believe the review part of the process has been in place for only a few years and was added to the process when it was discovered some computations were in error. Two of my own cases fell in that category. The time in review is likely determined by the volume of cases that are older.

Ron

The long wait is primarily a function of your waiting time in the que. Hope you get your back pay soon.

I received some clarification today. The tier 2 representative said that my original audit started on 14 October 2018. DFAS requested information from the VA (couldn’t tell me what that information was) and on 30 November 2018 they restarted my audit again from scratch. The representative could not explain why the audit was restarted but informed me that I would have to wait an additional 90-120 days and to call back around the end of March.

I was approved back in August, got paid September 1st, waited patiently for the retro pay for about a month and half, called 10 times total, each time different answers, needless to say I know the flow front to back, had people tell me I didn't even qualify for CRSC lol, got hung up on by the VA because DFAS would blame them, it was a hot mess, then one day in December I get a letter from DFAS telling me that the initial audit was done a 0% and had to be done at the 30% I was assigned. The error on the audit took place at step one. Just some food for thought when you all go battle DFAS and wait the two hours to get a Tier 2 Rep. I finally was paid 5 months later back pay, which I would never had gotten if I had listen to the multiple DFAS reps telling me what CRSC was or that I didn't apply, or that the audit was sent to the VA, which FYI that audit since it was backpay was a pointless piece.

I received some clarification today. The tier 2 representative said that my original audit started on 14 October 2018. DFAS requested information from the VA (couldn’t tell me what that information was) and on 30 November 2018 they restarted my audit again from scratch. The representative could not explain why the audit was restarted but informed me that I would have to wait an additional 90-120 days and to call back around the end of March.
It’s either coincidental, or DFAS is telling us some standard BS. I was told exactly the same thing. 1st payment was OCT 2018, and I’m still waiting for a back pay. Last status received from Tier 2 was that it’s awaiting approval.

It’s either coincidental, or DFAS is telling us some standard BS. I was told exactly the same thing. 1st payment was OCT 2018, and I’m still waiting for a back pay. Last status received from Tier 2 was that it’s awaiting approval.
You could send a letter of inquiry (request for explanation) or complaint (via Fax) to the Director, Retired Pay,

Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay, Attn: Roland Wadge
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis IN 46249-1200

Fax
Retired Pay: 800-469-6559

Ron