CRSC timeline application

Jesusej19

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
First off I want to thank Ron G for all that you do on the forum. Recently I applied for CRSC on May 27, the best way to apply and send all your forms and supportive documentation is thru their email: [email protected]

my approval for CRSC was 11 Jun 2021,this was a really fast decision, they are sending my info to DFAS, I wouldn’t recommend sending it Fax, due to the office personnel working from home. This was some info for anyone applying, it took me a while to gather all my documents and I medically retired in FEB 2021. Good luck to all of y’all.

First off I want to thank Ron G for all that you do on the forum. Recently I applied for CRSC on May 27, the best way to apply and send all your forms and supportive documentation is thru their email: [email protected]

my approval for CRSC was 11 Jun 2021,this was a really fast decision, they are sending my info to DFAS, I wouldn’t recommend sending it Fax, due to the office personnel working from home. This was some info for anyone applying, it took me a while to gather all my documents and I medically retired in FEB 2021. Good luck to all of y’all.
did you receive the approval via mail?

Yes on the 18th of Jun 2021, also I checked mypay this morning and shows the amount I’m going to receive , but no LES has posted for pay yet.

For what its worth, if you sign in HRC - HRC Homepage under RECORDS-
You'll click on that and use your DS login to get in and you may see the award letter a couple days earlier lol - it gets tiresome and kinda feel crazy, i checked it a few times a day.
I just received m approval letter and have no clue the dollar amount, how is that determined? My letter states "Total Combined Percentage: Total Combat-Related Disability: 100% MAY21. And if someone can help explain what is "SMC S 48" Thank you

Last edited:
Hello @JRod79

Click the link under my signature block which reads something like "Information needed for CRSC estimate." Provide ALL that info and I can give you an estimate.

Ron

The following is needed for someone to compute your CRSC in the PEB forum:
Needed within one reply:
1.--Average high three for basic pay (total of the highest 36 months of pay divided by 36) As an alternative (and better) cite the gross retired pay on the most recent DFAS RAS. Indicate which you are furnishing.
2.--DoD disability percentage
3. --Active duty years and months (or active duty equivalent for RC members)
ACTIVE DUTY EQUIVALENT: TOTAL CREDITABLE RC POINTS DIVIDED BY 360...IT IS ALSO FOUND ON RETIREMENT ORDERS AS "DISABIITY RETIREMENT"
4. --VA compensation
percentage;
amount;
dependents by category;
and ages of dependent children.
Also provide information pertaining to any SMCs you receive.

5.--Projected or approved CRSC percentage by your service.
6.--Whether you qualify for another type retirement and whether you transitioned to the blended retirement system
7.--Did you receive a REDUX/CSB payment?
8.--Did you accept the Blended Retirement program option?

Needed within one reply:
1.--Average high three for basic pay (total of the highest 36 months of pay divided by 36) As an alternative (and better) cite the gross retired pay on the most recent DFAS RAS. Indicate which you are furnishing.
2.--DoD disability percentage
3. --Active duty years and months (or active duty equivalent for RC members)
ACTIVE DUTY EQUIVALENT: TOTAL CREDITABLE RC POINTS DIVIDED BY 360...IT IS ALSO FOUND ON RETIREMENT ORDERS AS "DISABIITY RETIREMENT"
4. --VA compensation
percentage;
amount;
dependents by category;
and ages of dependent children.
Also provide information pertaining to any SMCs you receive.

5.--Projected or approved CRSC percentage by your service.
6.--Whether you qualify for another type retirement and whether you transitioned to the blended retirement system
7.--Did you receive a REDUX/CSB payment?
8.--Did you accept the Blended Retirement program option?
Needed within one reply:

1.--Average high three for basic pay: $3,983.92 (Estimated Retired Pay Base)
2.--DoD disability percentage: 100% PDRL
3. --Active duty years and months 16 Years & 9 Months
4. --VA compensation: 100%; SMC-S w/ Spouse
5.--Projected or approved CRSC percentage by your service: 100%
6.--Whether you qualify for another type retirement and whether you transitioned to the blended retirement system: Not qualified
7.--Did you receive a REDUX/CSB payment? No
8.--Did you accept the Blended Retirement program option? No

Thanks RonG

Hello,

Is this your average high three (total of highest 36 months of base pay divided by 36) = $3,983.92 (Estimated Retired Pay Base) ?

Ron

Hello,

Is this your average high three (total of highest 36 months of base pay divided by 36) = $3,983.92 (Estimated Retired Pay Base) ?

Ron
I believe so, as per my retirement services officer

What was/is your rank and number of years for base pay? Reason: The amount seems low. Better: What is the gross retired pay on your most recent DFAS RAS?

Ron

SSG / E-6 22 years and 16 days for pay
$4297 is the current rate, although not your high three. $3984 is close so I guess it is your high three.
This will take a few minutes. I assume 3,697.28 is your VA comp amount...you did not provide it.

Ron

$4297 is the current rate, although not your high three. $3984 is close so I guess it is your high three.
This will take a few minutes. I assume 3,697.28 is your VA comp amount...you did not provide it.

Ron
Correct, my apologies