crsc timeline

Marshal

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I received my separation and have the crsc application done, any idea how long it takes before it kicks in?

Marshal

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have another question, according to dfas, CRSC pay is retroactive. I didn't receive my medical discharge until last month so I wasn't able to apply for CRSC until recently, however, according to dfas, CRSC pay is retroactive to the month I started collecting my combat related VA disability, which was March 2013. will they retroactively pay me back to that date or does it have anything to do with the discharge date?

https://corpweb1.dfas.mil/askDFAS/faqView.action?faq.faqId=484&pgModId=12

Method36

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Am also interested in the current timeline for CRSC approvals. I will be in the same position in several months.

Marshal

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I talked to DFAS yesterday, they said it might take up to 6 months from the time of initial processing to start collecting CRSC

Method36

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Wow, that's a lot longer than I anticipated. Will it be retroactive to your discharge date?

Marshal

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I think it is retroactive to the discharge date. I tried contacting them by email, and it has yielded no results, and when I try to check the status of the message their website says invalid number. it seems the phone is the only way to get answers from dfas.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">