CRSC Update/Time Line

jk727

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Sent packet in 1st week of January overnight, was approved January 17th, 1st payment March 1st.
Called DFAS about back pay, said it was through audit and approved February 16th, Received back pay April 3rd.
Thank you Ron, you have been a big help

Congrats!!

Ron

IF IM 100 % DISABLED WITH TDIU. AND SMC. ng soldier. Do I qualify
If you are retired from the military and receive VA compensation, you could be entitled to CRSC.

Eligibility
To qualify for CRSC you must:

--be entitled to and/or receiving military retired pay

--be rated at least 10 percent by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA)

--waive the amount of VA compensation from your retired pay (i.e., your retired pay is reduced by amount of VA compensation)

--file a CRSC application with your Branch of Service

See: A Supplement to CRSC Information <---LINK

Ron

What is considered an ch 61 retiree. I was in national guard 9 years.
One of the requirements for combat related special compensation is to have a military retirement.
Chapter 61 (or CH 61) is jargon for a DoD disability retirement.

Ron

Ok. So I dont fall under this category since I'm not eligible for crdp but I am for crsc. I have a decision letter in the mail now

Ok. So I dont fall under this category since I'm not eligible for crdp but I am for crsc. I have a decision letter in the mail now
Hello,

Once you receive the decision letter, you might want a CRSC estimate.

If so, you might want to begin gathering the following info:

Basically, all of the following is what is needed for someone to compute your CRSC in the PEB forum:
Needed within one reply:
1. Average high three for basic pay (total of the highest 36 months of pay divided by 36) As an alternative (and better) cite the gross retired pay on the most recent DFAS RAS. Indicate which you are furnishing. Even though you might not be getting a check each month from DFAS there is at least one DFAS RAS produced and available on MyPay.
2. DoD disability percentage
3. Active duty years and months (or active duty equivalent for RC members) Active duty equivalent is total points divided by 360. Your points are not needed, just the active duty equivalent. The active duty equivalent also might be on your retirement orders.
4. VA compensation percentage; amount; dependents by category; and ages of dependent children. Also provide information pertaining to any SMCs you receive.
5. Projected or approved CRSC percentage by your service.
6. Whether you qualify for another type retirement and whether you transitioned to the blended retirement system
7. Did you receive a REDUX/CSB payment?

Ron
@Guardguy11

over 70,000
That answer was in reply to:

@Tamarqus said:
"How much was backpay"

Comment: That large amount of retroactive CRSC ($70K) is uncommon. If I remember correctly jk727's case involved several years of back payment of CRSC
The amount one retiree receives for CRSC as a Chapter 61 retiree is not a model for another retiree to consider as what he or she will receive, especially when taking into account
the multiple factors for individual computations.

The amount of CRSC for a disability retiree is not a simple matter of looking at a chart and pulling off a number. There are hundreds of CRSC computations on this web site one could review to see how they vary. Use the SEARCH button on the upper right corner of each page for searches. CRSC would be the search item in this case.

Ron

Added for clarification of a previous post: A military disability retirement involves a DoD disability percentage of at least 30%.
The VA percentage is separate.