CRSC--Veteran1

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Case.

1. i just need help with my CRSC computation. i was Medically retired from the army 2010 with a 30% for my back injury. and was told to appeal by the PEB Board before i was medically retired from the army.
They did not include my PTSD from the DOD disability and i did not care i just wanted to get out ASAP since people i know at the WWB back then was committing suicide and i was too and i was accused me of other things i did not do just so they could kick out soldiers out of the army and get nothing. To make the story short.

2. The VA awarded me 80% with UI after a year from Medical Retirement and i appeal to increase my PTSD rating (last year) and was awarded 100% PTSD and recently awarded also with 100% CRSC.
So if 100% VA and 100% CRSC and my DOD was 30%.

3. how much would my CRSC pay estimate per month?

4. First i was awarded 40% CRSC back in 2017 after finding out about it as i lived overseas after 2010. and came back to the US 2016 with my 2 kids and wife.

5. Then i was told by the local Retirement office to up my PTSD rating since i was only 30% VA before but not included on my CRSC.

6. so now that i have 100% VA and 100% CRSC and 30% DOD ( i don't know if i can still appeal for my DOD rating)

7. i am only receiving $420 on my CRSC and was told even if i got approved of my 100% CRSC the pay is still going to be the same i was thinking it should be a little higher that that

8. i have served 9 years and 10 months active

9. my DOD retirement (waived) at $720... my VA is about $3400 and CRSC $420 and i can't remember my high 3. i was medically retired as an E-4 in the army no wife and kids back then.

Reply.

Hello,

Based on the info you provided.

1. 720/0.30 = 2400 high three

2. 9.833 Active Duty years x 0.025 = 24.58% longevity multiplier

3. 2400 x 24.58% = 589.92 longevity portion of retired pay
Your CRSC can never be more than the longevity portion of retired pay.

4. You reported, "I am only receiving $420 on my CRSC and was told even if i got approved of my 100% CRSC the pay is still going to be the same i was thinking it should be a little higher that that."
See item 3.

Comments.

I suspect DFAS is paying your CRSC correctly. I have seen human error at DFAS (and other agencies), but I have never seen a case where they computed the longevity portion of retired pay inaccurately. I came up with about $150 more in CRSC, but I don't have the official retirement info in front of me. Also, if some of the info you provided is not precise, that would affect the computation of the longevity (by me).
I used gross figures, if you have SBP paid through CRSC, that would reduce the amount disbursed.

Ron