CRSC's affect on SMC (if Applicable)

JRod79

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I'm under the impression that when applying for CRSC, DFAS will revaluate the SMC as well, will applying for CRSC have a negative affect on someone receiving an SMC?

So I'm under the impression that when applying for CRSC, DFAS will revaluate the SMC as well, will applying for CRSC have a negative affect on someone receiving an SMC?
Hello @JRod79 ,

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking if an application for CRSC will reduce your VA SMC rating. If so, the answer is that CRSC applications/approvals/disapprovals do NOT impact VA ratings of any type, including SMCs. I receive SMCs K and S and receive 100% CRSC (100% by itself is more than my regular retired pay).

Ron

Last edited:
Hello @JRod79 ,

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking if an application for CRSC will reduce your VA SMC rating. If so, the answer is that CRSC applications/approvals/disapprovals do NOT impact VA ratings of any type, including SMCs. I receive SMCs K and S and receive 100% CRSC (100% by itself is more than my regular retired pay).

Ron
Thank you for the clarification Ron