Current Time Line A/D USMC

Do you happen to know if you have a va rating, does that mean you were found unfit?
The VA rating doesn’t necessarily mean you’re unfit for duty. The PEB determines your fitness for duty. I’ve been told that you can be 90% with the VA and still be found fit for duty.

The VA rating doesn’t necessarily mean you’re unfit for duty. The PEB determines your fitness for duty. I’ve been told that you can be 90% with the VA and still be found fit for duty.
Haha okay, thank you. I thought so but just wanted to be sure. I called the VA and said how I didn’t receive my proposed ratings yet, and they sent me an email stating everything. In the VA letter it said that the DOD requested the rating since I had conditions found unfit, so I was confused by that.

Haha okay, thank you. I thought so but just wanted to be sure. I called the VA and said how I didn’t receive my proposed ratings yet, and they sent me an email stating everything. In the VA letter it said that the DOD requested the rating since I had conditions found unfit, so I was confused by that.
I’m not 100% sure on what happens between the VA and DoD as far as adopting ratings for your referred conditions. I’ve always been told they don’t speak to each other during the process but I guess that was wrong.

Army here. I've been blessed so far. Been sitting at the PEB for going on 60 days. So not quite where you guys are at. According to my PEBLO on the Army side at least they are going to be switching to a new system in December / Jan timeframe. So they are trying to get all of the 2021 PEB cases done before the swap. Putting a hold on others that are coming up. So hopefully we all get out before the Holidays.

I’m not 100% sure on what happens between the VA and DoD as far as adopting ratings for your referred conditions. I’ve always been told they don’t speak to each other during the process but I guess that was wrong.
That’s what I thought too. I don’t understand why everything has to seem so secretive

So the VA does all the rating. The Army chooses with things are unfitting. If the PEB finds a condition unfitting they MUST use the VA's rating to apply towards the DOD rating. That's the great thing about IDES. Back in the day with LDES the PEB would find a condition unfitting and rate it themselves and more often than not they would rate it less than what the VA would rate it after the soldier got out of the military.

I wonder if that's a army only system or DoD wide. I remember on someone's congressional inquiry response it said that Navy had been backed up by manpower, COVID, and transitioning to a new records management system (or something to that effect)
The Navy started using this thing called the SMART system.

I wonder if that's a army only system or DoD wide. I remember on someone's congressional inquiry response it said that Navy had been backed up by manpower, COVID, and transitioning to a new records management system (or something to that effect)
I think its DoD wide if the Navy cat had a congressmen look into it and the new records management is probably the system they are using. What blows my mind though according to my PEBLO i'm just waiting for my 199 to be signed. Once its signed i'm good to go I don't understand why getting a signature can take anything longer then a week. Sad to see that this seems to be a DoD problem and not a branch problem.

I think its DoD wide if the Navy cat had a congressmen look into it and the new records management is probably the system they are using. What blows my mind though according to my PEBLO i'm just waiting for my 199 to be signed. Once its signed i'm good to go I don't understand why getting a signature can take anything longer then a week. Sad to see that this seems to be a DoD problem and not a branch problem.
Armys timelines go faster so youll be probably be out by the end of the year.

So I emailed my PEBLO asking if she knew if my case was with the medical officer or not, and if so, then how long... she said she did not know if my case was or with a medical officer. Is this bad news?

UPDATE: Called PEBLO supervisor, and he told me my case findings came back on 10/7. This is weird, but he said that they do not have the actual findings, but it says on the system they were sent 10/7. He told me him or my PEBLO will reach out to me soon, but to call on Friday if I haven't heard anything. Fingers Crossed!

I am at 173 days so far. PEB was accepted May 5. Hopefully Ill hear something soon. My PEBLO is almost impossible to get ahold of, and I think her supervisor is getting tired of me asking every 2 weeks.

UPDATE: Called PEBLO supervisor, and he told me my case findings came back on 10/7. This is weird, but he said that they do not have the actual findings, but it says on the system they were sent 10/7. He told me him or my PEBLO will reach out to me soon, but to call on Friday if I haven't heard anything. Fingers Crossed!
Glad to hear you have some good news. Hope the findings are what you wanted. When did your case go to the PEB?

I am at 173 days so far. PEB was accepted May 5. Hopefully Ill hear something soon. My PEBLO is almost impossible to get ahold of, and I think her supervisor is getting tired of me asking every 2 weeks.
I have to send an entire new email to my PEBLO. When she finally answers an email of mine, I have to start an entire new thread because she'll never respond back to our original conversation. It's incredibly frustrating