DA 199 in hand, but need advice

Bigsink

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I got my DA 199 today and I knew I wasn't going to get med retired. As my PEBLO was reading through my results, she said my claim was not found combat related. I turned in my orders, deployment awards, and had stated my back issues during the Post Deployment Assessment before seeking medical help. Even my PEBLO doesn't understand why it was not found combat related.

What evidence can I use to support my claim? I went to a clinic down range but there isn't a paper trail.

Also, does anyone have an idea where I can get free legal advice? The MEB lawyers may not be working next week (budget cuts). I tried JAG, but their building is closed off.

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi sorry if this may be too late but I'm in the same somewhat boat. I reinjured my lower back in Northern Kuwait on one of my mobilizations in 2005. Went to the TMC got the paperwork showing that and turned that in along with mob orders and treatment docs. Then in 2006 I was injured once again at my 2nd mob site (same lower back injury and new Cervial strain). I was refrad home. I turned in all of those documents to include the LOD. On my PEB/VBA Ratings they didn't give me any Combat Relation to those even when they had the information showing. The regulation states that Combat Related means any illness or injury. So I'm having to fight this now....

Bigsink

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi sorry if this may be too late but I'm in the same somewhat boat. I reinjured my lower back in Northern Kuwait on one of my mobilizations in 2005. Went to the TMC got the paperwork showing that and turned that in along with mob orders and treatment docs. Then in 2006 I was injured once again at my 2nd mob site (same lower back injury and new Cervial strain). I was refrad home. I turned in all of those documents to include the LOD. On my PEB/VBA Ratings they didn't give me any Combat Relation to those even when they had the information showing. The regulation states that Combat Related means any illness or injury. So I'm having to fight this now....
I actually got it resolved. I ended up filing for a FPEB and submitting a letter describing my injury and what happened. My buddy typed one for me too. They added combat injury without even flying me out.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">