DD FORM 294, JAN 2009 ( APPLICATION FOR REVIEW OF THE PDBR RATING)

rojam

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hi everyone,

This form is for the APPLICATION FOR A REVIEW BY THE PHYSICAL DISABILITY BOARD OF REVIEW (PDBR) OF THE RATING AWARDED ACCOMPANYING A MEDICAL SEPARATION FROM THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES.

Here are two links....
http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt/forms/eforms/dd0294.pdf
http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/604044p.pdf

If anyone has applied or received a decision can you please post your results. I'm going to apply whenever the VA gives me a final rating. The VA rated my right knee at only 10% and my left at 0%. I'm in an appeal with the VA for both of my knees. I was medically discharged at 20% for my right knee but I recently had a partial right knee replacement(PKR). I'm thinking that my disability rating will be changed to at least 30% because both of my knees are bad. The military only gave me rating for my right knee but I was having problems with both of my knees before i was discharged.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Rojam,

I moved your post the to PDBR Forum. The DD 294 can also be found on this site here.

If you do appeal, remember, you want to address fitness of your unrated conditions at the time you were separated. Also, be aware that if your condition has worsened over time, that generally can't be taken into account (I am interested to see how they treat appeals of VA ratings that are given an effective date of the members discharge...I have seen some bad BCMR decisions on this point, but have not yet seen the PDBR address this).

Best of luck!

rojam

PEB Forum Regular Member
Sorry about the mess up. I'm a newbie. Jason my recent PKR was based on pictures taken from a surgery before I was medically discharged from the military. The Dr. wanted to scope my knee but after he saw the pictures from my 2006 surgery he said "how have you been walking around for three years with severe grade iv damage to your cartilage and that I should have had the PKR in 2006". I think the PDBR forum should take this into consideration.

Thanks for the quick reply Jason.

PS...I've really learned a lot on this website.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">