dd215?

edwards7986

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello, I received a letter saying that my discharge is going to be changed to retro reconstruct tdrl @ 50 percent than pdrl at 30 percent. I found my new dd215 on hrc site and correction on the bottom says disability temporary.
My question is, is this normal or is there something i need to do?

If I understand you correctly:

You were given PDRL and 30%.
And now are being given TDRL at 50%.

This is way NOT normal.

My DD215 says the same. We are charactized 50% TDRL for 6 months. Once the 6 months is up we will be placed to 30% PDRL. I believe are DD215 will change once are 6 months is up.

One possibility is that an error was made. If the retirement was for PTSD the initial retirement MUST be a minimum of 50% TDRL.

Hello, I received a letter saying that my discharge is going to be changed to retro reconstruct tdrl @ 50 percent than pdrl at 30 percent. I found my new dd215 on hrc site and correction on the bottom says disability temporary.
My question is, is this normal or is there something i need to do?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

In my lengthy experienced opinion via an U.S. Army perspective with DoD military TDRL and DoD military PDRL interactions, placement onto the DoD TDRL at a DoD 30% rate is definitely feasible albeit the military disabled veteran's retired pay shall be calculated at a minimum 50% rate for payment purposes while on the TDRL.

When the "permanent and unstable" PEB-referred unfit for duty condition(s) is(are) finally determined to be "permanent and stable" for DoD rating purposes only and is rated at 30% or greater, the military disabled veteran should be placed onto the DoD military PDRL.

As such procedurally to qualify for a military disability retirement, the PDBR letter seems to be accurate as far as the statement "retro reconstruct tdrl @ 50 percent than pdrl at 30 percent" at least in my experienced opinion. Other than that, I don't have any experiences with the PDBR process.

In reference to the new DD Form 215 with the "disability temporary" verbiage annotated on the bottom, is it a "from" correction or a "to" correction? Meaning, is the DD Form 215 saying that your DD Form 214 is being corrected "to" reflect a disability temporary, or is being corrected "from" a disability temporary (i.e., to a disability permanent)? Indeed, it would seem that the "disability temporary" verbiage on the DD Form 215 should read as "disability permanent" instead; maybe this is a mistake due to an oversight? :confused:

Ultimately, I don't know their historical reasoning for producing such a DD Form 215, albeit I would highly suggest that you contact the USAHRC Call Center at 1-888-276-9472 for any potential additional assistance. Hopefully, the USAHRC Call Center can direct you to the proper point of contact who shall yield an in-depth explanation about your direct inquiry. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

thanks for the response guys....i was originally discharged with 10 percent, the letter i got says 50 percent tdrl for 6 months then 30 percent retirement pdrl. my dd215 states at the bottom correcting from disability severance on my dd214 to disability temporary on my dd215....
@Shadow stalker: thanks i feel better im not the only one....i dont' know how this works out so just a little paranoid u know.

thanks for the response guys....i was originally discharged with 10 percent, the letter i got says 50 percent tdrl for 6 months then 30 percent retirement pdrl. my dd215 states at the bottom correcting from disability severance on my dd214 to disability temporary on my dd215....
@Shadow stalker: thanks i feel better im not the only one....i dont' know how this works out so just a little paranoid u know.
Indeed, you are welcome!

Bingo, my first assumption of "is the DD Form 215 saying that your DD Form 214 is being corrected to reflect a disability temporary?" was definitely on the mark; that's outstanding!

Hmm, I am curious if at any given point in the future will a new DD Form 215 be issued with verbiage similar to "...correcting from disability temporary to disability permanent...?" Is so, please inform at that particular point in time if it's at all feasible. Take care and enjoy!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!