Debilitating Headaches likely Migraines?

Zoomie

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I recently was diagnosed with " 784.0 debilitating headaches, likely migraines for which his (my) civilian Doctor recommends he (I) not drive (a vehicle) or control an aircraft without immediate back-up". I am a flyer and AF/SG3P disqualified me with this phrase as justification. NGB rated me unfit and now my stuff has been forwarded to the IPEB under Non-duty DES. As I am a Air National Guardsman and a dual status technician what is the likelyhood of being found unfit? My Flight Surgeon's statement also indicates I have "debilitating headaches likely migraines"? I think I'm dead and stinkin'! What say you learned folks?

Last edited:
What was the basis for stating it was non duty related? Did you have a formal LOD?

Mike

As I am an Air National Guard dual status technician (GS) and not on orders, I was told this is my path. The guidance provided by 3threat on this board (in IPEB section) and thru my own research verified this to be the apparent way presently. No LOD

As stated above, what do you folks think my likelyhood of being found fit or vice-versa is?

As I am an Air National Guard dual status technician (GS) and not on orders, I was told this is my path. The guidance provided by 3threat on this board (in IPEB section) and thru my own research verified this to be the apparent way presently. No LOD

As stated above, what do you folks think my likelyhood of being found fit or vice-versa is?

Anyone, anyone at all? Pretty please?

Hmm, it's an interesting situation indeed in my opinion albeit I am not able to offer any sound insightful feedback at this time unfortunately.

Hopefully, other PEB Forum members with specific pin-pointed experiences shall provide their feedback soon. Take care and enjoy life!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

ID say unfit brother, he'd have to totally retract the statement for you to be able to fly again. The likelihood of that happening is as likely as you growing a horn out of your forehead. Best of luck

That would not be cool, although sadly not unexpected. "Hey Mav, do you still have the name of that truck driving school?"

Last edited:
I hear ya brother, best thing to do is get all you can get while you can get it! Get it before someone else does!

I wonder if AFPC (IPEB) can overturn NGB's disqual ruling for flying duty? I suspect it would not be in the IPEB board's best interest (unless they suspect an error) to run counter to the previous determination...
Has anyone seen the IPEB overturn both a DQ for flying and a DQ for continued service?

The likelihood of that happening is as likely as you growing a horn out of your forehead. Best of luck

Have you pursued medical treatment to aid your condition? For us there was a course of prescribed medication before they MEB'd my husband. To my understanding if they go away you have somewhat of a chance. A lot goes into migraines for instance your triggers....are they food based, physical exertion based etc. Also some medication can alleviate them you just have to start testing the water. Hope this helps.

I'd say unfit, but I'd challenge the non LOD decision.