Degenerative Disc in Lumbar

LQ1982

Registered Member
I am currently RA with 7 years of service as a 13Bravo. Ive been having back problems since 2015. Some of the treatments Ive gone through are Traction two times, dry needling, Physical Therapy, two Cortisone shots in thw SI Joints, and a given a TENS unit for Sciatica. My recent MRI has shown that I have Mild or minimal disc degeneration and facet disease throughout the thoracolumbar and lumbosacral spine and Minimal degenerative changes in T-12-L1 through the L5-S1.

Can someone please give me ideas on what Im looking at as far as what the outcome could be?

Warrior644

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am currently RA with 7 years of service as a 13Bravo. Ive been having back problems since 2015. Some of the treatments Ive gone through are Traction two times, dry needling, Physical Therapy, two Cortisone shots in thw SI Joints, and a given a TENS unit for Sciatica. My recent MRI has shown that I have Mild or minimal disc degeneration and facet disease throughout the thoracolumbar and lumbosacral spine and Minimal degenerative changes in T-12-L1 through the L5-S1.

Can someone please give me ideas on what Im looking at as far as what the outcome could be?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, it's difficult to provide any sound insightful information solely based upon the your above feedback at this point.

As such, hmm, are you still capability of performing your assigned military duties as a 13B on military active duty?

Moreover, have you ever been on a temporary physical profile for a 12 month duration either collectively or consecutively since 2015 for the above medical condition?

That all said, have you already been referred and accepted into the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process at this particular point in time for any physical and/or mental medical condition?

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Are you on a profile? If so, how long.

Have you been referred to pain mgt? Have other potential procedures been discussed. Have you consider MH counseling for strategies to deal with chronic pain?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">