Denied med board

Warrick01

Registered Member
Today I was notified that my med board was denied through ides and found fit for duty. I've been in the Army for 11 years and have been seeking treatment for ptsd the past four years. I've been on numerous medications and currently on a daily dose of four pschy meds. The reason stated was that my meds are waiver able to a deployed situation, and that I've been holding up fairly well. I don't know what to do from here out. My counselor signed me up for an inpatient daily treatment plan that will last three months, and upon completion will resubmit the medboard. Does this sound promising or am I going the wrong route?

To my knowledge you must wait 6 months before reapplying for a med board. That is assuming your doctor chooses to submit it again.

Today I was notified that my med board was denied through ides and found fit for duty. I've been in the Army for 11 years and have been seeking treatment for ptsd the past four years. I've been on numerous medications and currently on a daily dose of four pschy meds. The reason stated was that my meds are waiver able to a deployed situation, and that I've been holding up fairly well. I don't know what to do from here out. My counselor signed me up for an inpatient daily treatment plan that will last three months, and upon completion will resubmit the medboard. Does this sound promising or am I going the wrong route?

Two pieces of advice:
1) Do NOT get into trouble for anything. Be 15 minutes early for work and every formation. Do NOT miss any appointments. Do not put yourself in any compromising positions. Why? The Army will AdSep you for misconduct, and your medical condition(s) will NOT save you.

2) Do not let the Army AdSep you for "Personality Disorder" or some other nonsense. The minute it looks like it's going that way, you need counsel. The DoD just released new guidance on this this week, but you don't even want to go there.

Jag is right do the inpatient and don't screw up. If things get twitch seek counsel or an ombudsman