Denied SSDI because of income

Glad to see he is willing to communicate with you. Hopefully you hear something positive back soon.

They aren't really allowed to tell you much. But he can tell you if he's done and sent it up to the docs fir review. If that's the case, then the decision is made by him, and you should hear something soon.
Mines in the same stage, being looked at by the doctor. Is this seen as a good sign? What I mean is, are all cases sent to the doctor for review, or are some denied prior to this step?

Glad to see he is willing to communicate with you. Hopefully you hear something positive back soon.
I think it's going to be good here soon. Told him that my sepperation date is the 12th and that I am losing way over 50% of my pay soon. I told him that I am going to file for unemployment if I do t here anything back real soon. We talked about how you can't collect both and filing for unemployment wouldn't be nessisary and that I should know by the 12th. So I feel that it's a good thing. Hopefully soon for all of us.

I believe they all go through the docs as a verification process. Docs can change a decision I have heard, so I'd bet its safe to say both initial approvals and denials go there.

I think it's going to be good here soon. Told him that my sepperation date is the 12th and that I am losing way over 50% of my pay soon. I told him that I am going to file for unemployment if I do t here anything back real soon. We talked about how you can't collect both and filing for unemployment wouldn't be nessisary and that I should know by the 12th. So I feel that it's a good thing. Hopefully soon for all of us.
Sounds like he's dropping hints to what his decision was when it left his desk. Just keep in mind that it can be changed at any level of the process, though I'd guess it is rare. More important for you to keep in mind is that he might think your decision will be back to you by the 12th, but he cannot account for QA, which 50% of all approvals go through! which can add anywhere from a few days to a month before getting your official decision.

Sounds like he's dropping hints to what his decision was when it left his desk. Just keep in mind that it can be changed at any level of the process, though I'd guess it is rare. More important for you to keep in mind is that he might think your decision will be back to you by the 12th, but he cannot account for QA, which 50% of all approvals go through! which can add anywhere from a few days to a month before getting your official decision.
It felt like he was giving me positive hints. This still doesn't really mean I'm home free with my approval. I hope it does go to QT because the people I know that had this happen were approved. If it does go to QT and takes some time that's fine my back pay started on Nov 1st, claim dated May 30th so time is on my side.

I just hope after being approved that I see the money in less than 3 months.

At least in my case, they were very quick to pay. Back pay hit the bank within a few days of approval and monthly pay started the following month. You will likely need to go in and complete the dependent applications to get your kids and spouse additional money once your official approval is in.

Awesome on the approval duder! When did u apply?

Nov of 2012 application, requested court date after 2nd denial in sep 2013, court date was supposed to be 4 mar 2014(tomorrow), but judge 2 weeks ago via an OTR request done by my lawyer.

At least in my case, they were very quick to pay. Back pay hit the bank within a few days of approval and monthly pay started the following month. You will likely need to go in and complete the dependent applications to get your kids and spouse additional money once your official approval is in.

I have not recieved official approval, just the notice from lawyer that judge approved OTR, so I am thinking in the next week or 2 for approval letter. then however long for pay. Yeah I figured on the dependents thing, I know i listed them all and everything on initial app, but figure its still government so nothing will change there.

You may see your back pay hit your bank before your letter arrives. Also, keep an eye on mySSA, it may update sooner also and get your benefit verification letter which should be good enough to get the ball rolling for your dependent applications.

In my circumstance I was approved late Sep 2012, my first benefits payment was in Nov 2012 (partial month pay for September) and my first regular months payment was Dec 2012. Mid-Dec I received my back pay (Jan 2010-Aug 2012).

Of the back pay 25% was withheld for payments to my SSDI lawyer and if there were any potential overpayments.

Here we are in Mar 2014 and I should be getting the amount withheld paid to me pretty soon (within a week or two).

My dependents also had 25% of their award withheld and it was deposited to them last week.

In my circumstance I was approved late Sep 2012, my first benefits payment was in Nov 2012 (partial month pay for September) and my first regular months payment was Dec 2012. Mid-Dec I received my back pay (Jan 2010-Aug 2012).

Of the back pay 25% was withheld for payments to my SSDI lawyer and if there were any potential overpayments.

Here we are in Mar 2014 and I should be getting the amount withheld paid to me pretty soon (within a week or two).

My dependents also had 25% of their award withheld and it was deposited to them last week.

Thanks for the breakdown, So about 3-4 months after decision monthly payments started and initial backpayment awarded with 25% withheld across the board, thats interesting I never knew about that portion of it. ( obviously knew about the attorney's fee which is capped at 6k)

Now I just gotta find an accountant that is not a "seasonal tax preparer" to handle that portion. Do you plan to save receipts and such for the dependents pay? Obviously the money is for them, I just need to figure out how to properly account for it durign the process.

Now the next question, know any good info sources for the tricare/medicare a/b etc to read up on. That is gonna be my largest mental obstacle to wrap my mind around I think. It makes sense to me to pay for "prime" for my family, even if I am paying sep. for medicare as long as we live within the required radius, but there has got to be some loopholes/hidden stuff I am forgetting about, like SBP payments, Dental Insurance, education and medical savings accounts etc.

Thanks for the breakdown, So about 3-4 months after decision monthly payments started and initial backpayment awarded with 25% withheld across the board, thats interesting I never knew about that portion of it. ( obviously knew about the attorney's fee which is capped at 6k)

Now I just gotta find an accountant that is not a "seasonal tax preparer" to handle that portion. Do you plan to save receipts and such for the dependents pay? Obviously the money is for them, I just need to figure out how to properly account for it durign the process.

Now the next question, know any good info sources for the tricare/medicare a/b etc to read up on. That is gonna be my largest mental obstacle to wrap my mind around I think. It makes sense to me to pay for "prime" for my family, even if I am paying sep. for medicare as long as we live within the required radius, but there has got to be some loopholes/hidden stuff I am forgetting about, like SBP payments, Dental Insurance, education and medical savings accounts etc.

This us how my own case has broken down, I do not quite understand why or how they have not paid my attorney for 18 months since my decision was awarded, but since it is not coming out of my pocket I never had thought about it.

As far as I know, once we are medically retired we are eligible to receive Tricare for Retirees and since you (as well as I) are eligible for Medicare Part B, we will be getting Tricare for Life.

This kinda sucks because Medicare Part B is just over $100 per month and only covers ourselves.

The tax part was not too difficult, you will get a 1099 SSA and it will have a breakdown on what benefits were from the current year and what were from the years past. I used turbo-tax and it all calculated out for me.

Dental insurance for retirees is different, it is provided by Delta Dental in my region rather than Met-Life. My wife uses quite a bit of dental benefits and the Delta appears to be far better than Met-Life.

Survivor Benefit Plan is the only thing I do not quite a a complete grasp on yet.

This us how my own case has broken down, I do not quite understand why or how they have not paid my attorney for 18 months since my decision was awarded, but since it is not coming out of my pocket I never had thought about it.

As far as I know, once we are medically retired we are eligible to receive Tricare for Retirees and since you (as well as I) are eligible for Medicare Part B, we will be getting Tricare for Life.

This kinda sucks because Medicare Part B is just over $100 per month and only covers ourselves.

The tax part was not too difficult, you will get a 1099 SSA and it will have a breakdown on what benefits were from the current year and what were from the years past. I used turbo-tax and it all calculated out for me.

Dental insurance for retirees is different, it is provided by Delta Dental in my region rather than Met-Life. My wife uses quite a bit of dental benefits and the Delta appears to be far better than Met-Life.

Survivor Benefit Plan is the only thing I do not quite a a complete grasp on yet.

Yup, I figure with Medicare/dental and SBP I will be paying about 3-400 a month for "insurance", I may lower the SBP amount because paying for full amount until age 70 does not make "sense" with my conditions EXCEPT my blood pressure and apnea, which could lead to death. (heart attack/stroke etc). I want my family taken care of in case of my death, but the gamble of 35 years of payments vs saving/investing that money is tough.

Wait wait wait; If i get approved for SSDI, I am forced to use medicaid? WTF, I would be forced to switch my current PCM... I love my PCM and my tricare....

no you will not have to change, the base if space available will still see you, however you will have to do the third party billing crap through tricare. every MTF has an office that can handle it, up until april of this year, then it will be mostly online from what I can make out. even if you were just on tricare prime for retiree's etc. you could have to change doctors depending on space a. at your base.

Wait wait wait; If i get approved for SSDI, I am forced to use medicaid? WTF, I would be forced to switch my current PCM... I love my PCM and my tricare....
Your automatically enrolled but can deny