Denied surgery after phase 2 physical?

Jason35

Registered Member
Several months ago I received a hip injury during a training excerise. For months I’ve been going back and forth with my doctor about the continued and worsening hip pain. I am 6 months out from my ets and my CO insisted I get my phase 2 done.

Now I’ve finally got the diagnosis for my hip, torn labral. The doctors are saying I need surgery to repair it but that I have to wait until I ets and let the VA handle it. At this point, I’m walking with a cane and worried about lasting joint damage if Im forced to wait that long for surgery.

Any advice would be welcome.
 

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would be talking to the patient advocate ASAP. The service kicking you to the VA down the road is not acceptable unless there is a medical contraindication to proceeding with the surgery sooner. A second opinion is also an option.
 
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">
Top