Depression linked to sleep apnea as a secondary condition?

IUguy

PEB Forum Regular Member
I'm rated by the VA 60%- 50% for sleep apnea and 10% for lower back. I'm currently on social security disability for sleep apnea and depression. I'm applying for IU due to sleep apnea and depression. My C & P exams are in two weeks. My question: has anyone ever seen depression linked to sleep apnea as a secondary condition? Thanks

Get your Dr to connect the Depression to the Sleep Apnea in writing and you're in good shape. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot.

At what point are you eligable for SSD? I thought you couldn't start collecting on social security until you were in your 60's.

EDIT: I didn't see this was your first post. Welcome here! :)

At what point are you eligable for SSD? I thought you couldn't start collecting on social security until you were in your 60's.

EDIT: I didn't see this was your first post. Welcome here! :)

SSD is more commonly known as SSDI meaning Social Security Disability Insurance which you can collect at any age. You must be unable to do ANY work.

That's interesting. I wonder if you have to had paid into it first to be able to get that. Some extra income for those who can't do any work is great.