Depression prior to joining?

applesdotcom

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Getting medboarded out , i vaguely recall me taking antidepressants as a kid 10-13 years old . i didn’t know what exactly i was diagnosed with so i didn’t disclose when i enlisted. am i fucked?

Based on what little you have said here, there is not enough evidence to make that determination.

I’m getting Medboarded . i didn’t disclose that i sought therapy and took meds prior to joining because i was too young to remember what and if i was diagnosed. my question is will this be an issue during my medboard process

Still not enough info. I recognize you are probably so new here that you don't know what info might be needed. Here goes.

- What service are you in?

- How long have you been in?

- Is your MEB condition(s) the same as what you were treated for as a juvenile?

- How long did you take medication? (Not specifically, but for like a couple months, or for several years?)

- How did your treatment come to an end? Doc declare you healed? Weaned you off meds and said "let's see what happens?" Just grew out of it?

- Do you know if your prior conditions as a juvenile are even annotated (or fully annotated) in your records?

- Have you, as a servicemember, any time after boot camp, ever told a military medical provider about juvenile treatment?

Still not enough info. I recognize you are probably so new here that you don't know what info might be needed. Here goes.

- What service are you in?

- How long have you been in?

- Is your MEB condition(s) the same as what you were treated for as a juvenile?

- How long did you take medication? (Not specifically, but for like a couple months, or for several years?)

- How did your treatment come to an end? Doc declare you healed? Weaned you off meds and said "let's see what happens?" Just grew out of it?

- Do you know if your prior conditions as a juvenile are even annotated (or fully annotated) in your records?

- Have you, as a servicemember, any time after boot camp, ever told a military medical provider about juvenile treatment?
Army
3.5 years
No , juvenile: depression. MEB: MAJOR Depression disorder, general anxiety disorder and PTSD
Grew out of it , stopped seeing him
There are not annotated
No? i can’t recall i’ve been in treatment me for 2 years ( all army treatment)
I was 13 i don’t remember specifics

Army
3.5 years
No , juvenile: depression. MEB: MAJOR Depression disorder, general anxiety disorder and PTSD
Grew out of it , stopped seeing him
There are not annotated
No? i can’t recall i’ve been in treatment me for 2 years ( all army treatment)
I was 13 i don’t remember specifics
oh . meds? couple months

Ok, so, I am not a doctor or a lawyer.

There's a good chance with the minimal nature of your juvenile treatment, that it's either not well documented, or it gets overlooked.

However, being that you are less than 4 years in service, there's also a chance they're going to assume pre-existing condition, and just ADSEP you out. No medical benefits, just send you home.

Again, that's just a guess/opinion.

They are unaware of this “ treatment “ . talked to my parents and said i took no medication for depression so i’m guessing it was something else.

Does your guess remain the same?

For the less than 4 years thing? Absolutely. Being administratively separated in place of doing a med board is highly advantageous to the service.

And every service does it to one degree or another, and it has nothing to do with depression or mental health or whatever. ADSEP is just another Force shaping tool.

Also just re-enlisted for a 9k bonus.. have a peblo who told me va appointments start this week

If your parents say it didn’t happen, then it didn’t happen.