deviated septum surgery

254wondering

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all, I am currently in the IDES process for a failed back surgery. I am LIVID right now because I have waited years to be seen by an ENT doctor. in 2015 I was hit in the face by a Marine during training. Even though I was swollen and my nose was clearly broken I was not allowed to go to medical at the time. When i was finally allowed I was given nasal sprays and an inhaler (NEVER had asthma) to get me "by." Well years later I finally get to see an ENT doc. Turns out the top of nose had collapsed, i have broken vessels all over my nose and i have a deviated septum. I was set to get surgery except i cannot get surgery during the IDES since it is considered elective. It would have only taken me out for two weeks and all my C&P exams would have been completed. While i could go on about how much I think this is BS, I want to know how to NOT GET F'd over because it sure as hell seems like it. i DID see an ENT during my C&P exam and i don't know what he annotate besides chronic rhinitis and trouble breathing. I mentioned my deviated septum but don't know if he wrote it down since in his words "he would not do surgery since it would make my nose wider." I honestly do not care at all if my nose has to be made wider so long as i can breathe! is there anyway to check if he annotated this? How the hell do i make sure i don't get screwed out of surgery. I do not want to have to pay for something I received while IN SERVICE out of pocket. When can i get this surgery and what steps should i take next? I'm clearly angry about this and trying not to be but i'm seeing more and more how they don't take care of people on their way out. ** just as a side note I understand if I receive DoD 30% i'll receive the insurance but that doesn't mean much to me considering thats not even a guarantee with my case. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello all, I am currently in the IDES process for a failed back surgery. I am LIVID right now because I have waited years to be seen by an ENT doctor. in 2015 I was hit in the face by a Marine during training. Even though I was swollen and my nose was clearly broken I was not allowed to go to medical at the time. When i was finally allowed I was given nasal sprays and an inhaler (NEVER had asthma) to get me "by." Well years later I finally get to see an ENT doc. Turns out the top of nose had collapsed, i have broken vessels all over my nose and i have a deviated septum. I was set to get surgery except i cannot get surgery during the IDES since it is considered elective. It would have only taken me out for two weeks and all my C&P exams would have been completed. While i could go on about how much I think this is BS, I want to know how to NOT GET F'd over because it sure as hell seems like it. i DID see an ENT during my C&P exam and i don't know what he annotate besides chronic rhinitis and trouble breathing. I mentioned my deviated septum but don't know if he wrote it down since in his words "he would not do surgery since it would make my nose wider." I honestly do not care at all if my nose has to be made wider so long as i can breathe! is there anyway to check if he annotated this? How the hell do i make sure i don't get screwed out of surgery. I do not want to have to pay for something I received while IN SERVICE out of pocket. When can i get this surgery and what steps should i take next? I'm clearly angry about this and trying not to be but i'm seeing more and more how they don't take care of people on their way out. ** just as a side note I understand if I receive DoD 30% i'll receive the insurance but that doesn't mean much to me considering thats not even a guarantee with my case. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sorry to hear that, I had a septoplasty over a year ago. As long as you claimed your nose it will show in your medical records and will be paid by the VA. You will get a better understanding once you get a copy of your NARSUM. read it thoroughly and discuss it with the lawyer if you see a problem.