Diagnosed with MS 2FEB09

DrumDeuce

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hey,

I'm new to the forum and have quite a few questions in which i don't see on here. I was Diagnosed with MS in FEB and have been having a rough time pushing my paperwork threw. I am starting to make some progress with my paperwork but the WWSC(Wounded Warrior Support Center) gave me orders to go to WTU 1 MAY. I dont know if going to WTU will speed up my process or slow it down. My chain of command is very supportive in letting me do anything i need to do to speed up the process with the medical personel here. I am an E-5 with 3 1/2yrs of service and 14 months in Iraq. I did go threw an MTBI when i was hit by multiple IED's whiel in Iraq. Now for my questions.

1. Has everyone's MEB process been so hard to do?

2. Has anyone received a rating of higher than 30% for MS?

3. Does the VA rate MS and its supporting symptoms different?

4. What kind of rating does the army see TBI/MTBI?

5. What can speed this SLOW process up?

6. And has anyone heard how the new process with all the physicals and everything going to be both the VA and the ARMY's physical to evaluate a soldier?

Any awnsers to these questions will be greatly appreciated.

I just went throught this with my sgm husband and it was a learning experience. Have EVERYTHING documented by your doctors, especially headaches, muscle aches, fatigue to name a few. It will help. Tell you doctor at every visit. It may not happen all at once but the % will go up as you document. Bathroom issues especially are looked at. These are considered secondary effect of ms. The VA looks at this also. My husband was diagnosed in 06 one week from retirement 20 years. The VA just Aug 25 gave him 90% with iu bring it to 100%. We went to 2 different va purple heart rep did not have enough experience, and nor did the other I forget the name. Anyway went with Amvets in nashville. They were wonderful. Got a call yesterday Army will also give hin more than 50%. Too much more to write.
Good Luck. Keep documenting.

I was wounded in action on September 29th 2007 during an IED blast in Baghdad. I was treated for a TBI and paperwork was submitted for a Purple Heart. The award packet was sent back and forth from my command to our sister command for corrections. My 1sg felt it was his duty to hide my paperwork and deny me the award. Nine days after the blast I was found unconscious on FOB Stryker with no apparent diagnosis.

Previously in September and October 2006 I was treated for MS type symptoms in Germany and was on a non-deployable profile for over nine months prior to deployment. Instead of a medical review board I was sent to Iraq and told my command I was not physically fit for duty. I was taken out on patrols where my physical shape was a life threatning to myself and fellow soldiers.

December 2007 I returned to Germany on leave and refused to return until I saw the German Neurologist that had treated me prior to my deployment. I was charged with missing movement and sentenced May 02, 2008 to 25 days in Mannheim Holding Facility, Mannheim Germany. I was released and discharged July 11th 2008 and returned to my home of record.

I filed August 2009 to have my Discharge reviewed and changed to an honorable discharge and I am also seeking compensation from the Army for false imprisonment and illegal discharge.

As of February 2009 I have been diagnosed with MS with 100% medical certainty I had attacks of MS in September and October 2006. I am currently under treatment with the VA and have been diagnosed with PTSD.

I am asking for help with these matters if anyone can.

Thank you

Richard P Watson
[email protected]
989-739-1925
989-254-3062

I was wounded in action on September 29th 2007 during an IED blast in Baghdad. I was treated for a TBI and paperwork was submitted for a Purple Heart. The award packet was sent back and forth from my command to our sister command for corrections. My 1sg felt it was his duty to hide my paperwork and deny me the award. Nine days after the blast I was found unconscious on FOB Stryker with no apparent diagnosis.

Previously in September and October 2006 I was treated for MS type symptoms in Germany and was on a non-deployable profile for over nine months prior to deployment. Instead of a medical review board I was sent to Iraq and told my command I was not physically fit for duty. I was taken out on patrols where my physical shape was a life threatning to myself and fellow soldiers.

December 2007 I returned to Germany on leave and refused to return until I saw the German Neurologist that had treated me prior to my deployment. I was charged with missing movement and sentenced May 02, 2008 to 25 days in Mannheim Holding Facility, Mannheim Germany. I was released and discharged July 11th 2008 and returned to my home of record.

I filed August 2009 to have my Discharge reviewed and changed to an honorable discharge and I am also seeking compensation from the Army for false imprisonment and illegal discharge.

As of February 2009 I have been diagnosed with MS with 100% medical certainty I had attacks of MS in September and October 2006. I am currently under treatment with the VA and have been diagnosed with PTSD.

I am asking for help with these matters if anyone can.

Thank you

Richard P Watson
[email protected]
989-739-1925
989-254-3062
I will suggest you get ahold of maparker, he is a wonderful advocate, and knows alot about this sort of thing. You shouldn't have had to go through what you discribed. Good luck to you. I hope one of our wise moderators can pipe in, and give you some factual advice.

Hello, I was diagnosed by the NIH with MS in 2009, I get 80% for the syptoms of MS but nothing for MS. I am appealing it because you know as we get older it is only going to get worse. I just finished my PEB process and they said it is not the Army's fault and I was told I should be happy to get 80% from VA. I did not have symptoms until 6 months after getting off of AD, so I did not have a LOD. I went to at least a half of dozen of neurologists for them to tell me im fine and I look fine, You and I both know all MS symptoms are not always visual, one VA DR. did not even know what MS was. I did not agree with the PEB and I am looking for help.

Are you a reservist? Did they not do an LOD or was the LOD "not in the line of duty" (EPTS/Not Service Aggravated or some other determination)? What was your duty status at the time your were diagnosed? Are you in the pilot program? Did you get an unfit finding or was the MS not unfitting?

I am a Reservist and I was just ETSed that same month. I reenlisted 3 years later. I guess I am not on the Pilot program cause im not sure what that is. They said it is not service aggrevated. The Army said I am unfit but I will not get benefits.

So, did you have an LOD, or did your MEB and PEB state it was not service aggravated?