Diastolic Dysfunction?

I been searching and am having an impossible time with the rating process for the heart condition Diastolic Dysfunction (diastolic failure). I am doing the process through the VA but I was diagnosed weeks before I was medically discharged. If you are wondering I was told by a lawyer to get out and then do the process through the VA for the Diastolic Dysfunction because i was already 40%DOD/90%VA. I just did a C&P Exam with a provider who had no idea what Diastolic Dysfunction was. So I am a little nervous about the process... again. Any input would be appreciated. Again just looking for percentage breakdown for Diastolic Dysfunction because i need a 30% or higher rating to get a 100%. Sounds shallow but i cant work a full time job with this so my family really needs it. Thanks.

-Austin

This conditions is now primarily known as Heart Failure with Preserved ejection fraction. Heart failure means your heart does not provide your body enough oxygenated blood to perform all functions. Heart failure is rated by the VA bases on METs.

Chronic congestive heart failure, or; workload of 3 METs or less results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of less than 30 percent​
100​
More than one episode of acute congestive heart failure in the past year, or; workload of greater than 3 METs but not greater than 5 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of 30 to 50 percent​
60​
Workload of greater than 5 METs but not greater than 7 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; evidence of cardiac hypertrophy or dilatation on electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, or X-ray​
30​
Workload of greater than 7 METs but not greater than 10 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; continuous medication required​

VA examiners usually estimate the METs based on observation and patient reports. Below is some examples of METs3834

Look down the list immediately above and see what you can and can't do. this should give you a good estimate of your METs. Then go to the first chart and you will be have an estimate of your VA percentage for your condition.

Hope this helps.

Mike

This conditions is now primarily known as Heart Failure with Preserved ejection fraction. Heart failure means your heart does not provide your body enough oxygenated blood to perform all functions. Heart failure is rated by the VA bases on METs.

Chronic congestive heart failure, or; workload of 3 METs or less results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of less than 30 percent​
100​
More than one episode of acute congestive heart failure in the past year, or; workload of greater than 3 METs but not greater than 5 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; left ventricular dysfunction with an ejection fraction of 30 to 50 percent​
60​
Workload of greater than 5 METs but not greater than 7 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; evidence of cardiac hypertrophy or dilatation on electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, or X-ray​
30​
Workload of greater than 7 METs but not greater than 10 METs results in dyspnea, fatigue, angina, dizziness, or syncope, or; continuous medication required​
10​

VA examiners usually estimate the METs based on observation and patient reports. Below is some examples of METsView attachment 3834

Look down the list immediately above and see what you can and can't do. this should give you a good estimate of your METs. Then go to the first chart and you will be have an estimate of your VA percentage for your condition.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mike,

Thank you so much!!! I can't tell you how much this means to me and maybe future people searching. I have been searching for months and knew i should have written sooner. That is exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks again.

V/r,
Austin

You are welcome. If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to write.