Discharge Correction for narrative?

The commander's recommendation came from the statement of the headquarter's psychologist. His statement said that my personality disorder stemmed before the Marine Corps. and that it wasn't their fault and so on. He didn't have any other documentation. His judgment was solely based off of the statement.

I have to prove that there was no issues when I joined initially. That is were they are basing there initial reasoning for discharge. Not exactly what I had thought but still it's inaccurate. I entered the service with a clean slate, no waivers, and in good health. Hard to prove what isn't there. It's the only reason I have considered speaking with a lawyer. Thank you for the info Ed.

I am a very similar boat here. I have an re code 3p and separation code of jfx1. I am looking to h th changed to something not as ridiculous. I have two psychological exams and letters showing this is inaccurate. I am preparing my bcnr but do not know what to upgrade this separation code to. I do plan on re enlisting but can't find the definition of separation codes anywhere they are all just general brief descriptions. please help! I would like my separation code and re enlistment code upgraded to re enlist

I am a very similar boat here. I have an re code 3p and separation code of jfx1. I am looking to h th changed to something not as ridiculous. I have two psychological exams and letters showing this is inaccurate. I am preparing my bcnr but do not know what to upgrade this separation code to. I do plan on re enlisting but can't find the definition of separation codes anywhere they are all just general brief descriptions. please help! I would like my separation code and re enlistment code upgraded to re enlist

In the Army the SPD's are listed in AR 635-5-1. The RE Codes are listed in AR 601-210.

But I'll repeat that this is a VERY difficult process. Unless you have a medical diagnosis that was made near the date of your discharge (while you were on active duty), the BCMR will only conclude that your condition improved after discharge, so there was no error or injustice.

I have also found that psychiatrists will tend to say what their patients want them to say. There was one case I worked were the ABCMR upgraded the applicant's general discharge to fully honorable based on the fact that the Army had no rhyme or reason for issuing a general discharge instead of an honorable discharge for personality disorders. For 10 years after that upgrade the applicant attempted to change the reason and authority for his discharge. He kept submitting VA psychiatrist statements stating that the applicant never had a personality disorder. Those requests were all denied. In the case I worked the applicant submitted a statement from a VA psychiatrist stating that the applicant had severe mental disorders of the magnitude which should have preceded his induction (he was drafted), and based on that the applicant requested his discharge be corrected to an erroneous enlistment discharge.

So for 10 years psychiatrists said the applicant had never had any personality disorder. Then a psychiatrist says he has always had severe mental disorders . .

You see the problem?