ZG2010

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As the title states, I am getting so discouraged and losing my mind and need an outlet. Chose LDES to be with my wife, and two daughters sooner, and job opportunities that await. PEBLO is always giving me the run around I feel... by giving me random numbers every time I talk with him, and having me call someone in DC for assistance, and of course... they say "contact your PEBLO for information regarding your case." I am sure I am being very impatient, but my goodness, with the way the world is at this very moment, and with the navy putting things in place for members to "volunteer" to extend or what not, due to PFA failures, or LIMDU etc... this all has me worried, to include COVID of course. I have been med boarded for GAD and Dysthymic disorder, additionally my captain signed an NMA that was very hard for me to read after ten years of dedicated service, stating I am UNFIT. Now I want to be found UNFIT as I have come to terms with the situation, fought for a couple of years, but again, worried as I could be found FIT. Anyway, suppose I wanted to vent this morning. Thank for the read and any encouraging words are more than welcome.

Since you have the desire to be found unfit, the Captain did you a favor. The NMA is not a reflection on your character or worth. It is a frank analysis of your military abilities. The process has lifelong consequences, but the process is just that a process. This is a safe place for non threatening vents.

Last edited:
Since you have the desire to be found unfit, the Captain did you a favor. The NMA is not a reflection on your character or worth. It is a frank analysis of your military abilities. The oricess has lifelong consequences, but the process is just that a process. This is a safe place for non threatening vents.
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I am new here, so reading that original post back.. that was a pretty bad day I was having trying to hold it together. again.. thank you.

You are welcome. You are in the right place. (I need to spell checker better)

Expect a few more of those days as you wander through the process. Many of us have been there. The big problem is many people in the process (Commanders, First Sergeants, PCMs...) have very little SA about the process. Despite what people think the PEBLO is a paper pusher, not an advisor. So where do members turn? Hopefully here.

I joined as an outlet as well, even though I am just LIMDU at the moment. I understand your frustration. If it’s any consolation, the job market is crap right now and the housing market is going to follow. It’s not a good time to be separating right now, even with compensation. Just take it as a silver lining. The LDES process will take several months to go through, from what I’ve heard. Those are months that will allow this COVID stuff to play out and the job market to stabilize again just in time for you to head back to wherever you and your family call home.