Do Disability Severance Pay and Final Pay always come together?

nsmartin1980

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm asking because I received my severance pay a couple weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for my final paycheck (13 days) and 10 days of leave that I sold back.

I separated on 28 June, and my first LES after that was in "status det" and "hold pay" indicating they were doing a final audit. DFAS updated an EOM LES for June a few days ago that includes my Severance, Final Pay, and leave sold in the "Entitlements" column, but the federal tax amount in Deductions is much higher than it should be (thousands more than what was taken out of my severance pay) and is roughly the amount of my final pay/leave sold. The entire LES is zeroed out so that Entitlements minus Deductions and Allowances equals $0 EOM. The "Hold Pay" status was put on "stop", and "status det" was removed.

I can't tell if they're still working a final audit or if there's actually a mistake. I have seen many posts on the forum that seem to indicate severance pay and final pay are usually paid out at the same time...thought that might be a good start.

I was a medical separation straight from MEB, no TDRL.

I have seen cases where the severance pay was disbursed separately.

Recommend you or your representative call DFAS.

Ron

Posting an update to this for anyone it may help - my sold leave and last pay were included with the severance payment. It wasn't broken out specifically in to those categories, but doing the math with the severance taxes deducted, the numbers work out.

Very good...thanks for the update.

Ron

I'm asking because I received my severance pay a couple weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for my final paycheck (13 days) and 10 days of leave that I sold back.

I separated on 28 June, and my first LES after that was in "status det" and "hold pay" indicating they were doing a final audit. DFAS updated an EOM LES for June a few days ago that includes my Severance, Final Pay, and leave sold in the "Entitlements" column, but the federal tax amount in Deductions is much higher than it should be (thousands more than what was taken out of my severance pay) and is roughly the amount of my final pay/leave sold. The entire LES is zeroed out so that Entitlements minus Deductions and Allowances equals $0 EOM. The "Hold Pay" status was put on "stop", and "status det" was removed.

I can't tell if they're still working a final audit or if there's actually a mistake. I have seen many posts on the forum that seem to indicate severance pay and final pay are usually paid out at the same time...thought that might be a good start.

I was a medical separation straight from MEB, no TDRL.
May I ask your question, you said you're taking severance pay that means you obviously lost or TDR L. Did you see your last real medical exam. That medical exam should have a history,, and should have prognosis on it in a doctor's signature. Many times the veteran does not get there last medical exam violating secretary Navy instructions 1850/3620, and instead they made prima facie finding. In that case they violated your ability to get your last medical exam. By then giving you severance pay they used the law secretary of Navy instructions 1850 3620. Without you knowing it they didn't pay you severance pay reducing your last medical exam but the VA medical exam. Now if you decline the acceptance and go to the medical board. Then you go to the check and balance
. That check and balance falls under the law secretary of Navy instructions 1850/7024. With the OBDR, the officer disability rating board, after the oath the first order of business is to introduce all medical facts. In each and every item must be introduced separately in order for you be able to argue the relevance. This is imperative in the check and balance system that you have the opportunity you you don't have to ask your attorney to argue each and every item. That's and 7024 a. The next important step this is 7024 c. That is the introduction of your evidence, never does your Jag officer have the opportunity to tell you before going into the medical evaluation board you cannot use this or that. That is to be negotiated while being recorded. See your counsel will give all of your privileged evidence to the board to argue. To see whether or not that is relevant evidence under secretary Navy instructions 1850/ 3303. I want you to remember if all of this evidence is not submitted your testimony is nothing but free-floating words into the air your testimony must match and be backed up with evidence, the evidence must match your testimony in the event it does not a ghost 27024c. That they must stop the complete hearing and you have 30 days for them to find the evidence that supports this and if not, they must find out why that information was not at your hearing. Believe this or not I had to medical boards, the first medical board in 1980 there was no physical evidence, the physical evaluation board could not give any evidence because, I had 15 photographs of my hands doubling in size in less than 10 minutes, that destroyed all of their evidence including two biopsies one done at Bethesda, the other one would both hands at the same time in New London Connecticut, in New London Connecticut said they did not the facilities to do the biopsy. Why that becomes strange is a civilian hospital told them what they were looking for before New London Connecticut did the biopsy. That is the only reason I won TDR L in 1980. The same format at my last medical evaluation board was used in the procedure of law, except this time they presented no evidence. We doing this my complete testimony was groundless. When the reality the physical evaluation board intercepted my last medical exam that said 50% disability making all three medical exams for TDR L at 50% meaning I was on permanent disable retired list. Imagine not getting that because they said they couldn't find my address? That was a lie because you get travel pay on TDR L the law secretary of Navy instructions 1850/3111, the next reason is secretary of Navy instructions 1850/3614, your address and phone number must be on that medical exam report. This is what happens when veterans don't understand the law. Imagine I had a medical condition called relapsing polychondritis I could have been given medicine at that time to possibly cure me of this medical condition, this condition has a 20% mortality rate under doctor's care in the first five years. Instead I go for another 20 years of an unknown medical condition that destroyed mud vestibular system that caused me to take many falls shattering an elbow on one occasion, on the time shattering my left wrist, causing me to have five different hand operations because of aggravating a medical condition called Dupuytren's that I had while those in the service and the government would not still give me any disability for. This is all because veterans don't know the law. Ask yourself this question why are not rules and regulations that govern disability on how your medical condition is measured posted on every military base. That law would be Department of Defense 1332. Why isn't it posted like in a civilian having posted Workmen's Comp. loss. 2008 I was a guest speaker at University of Vermont, and I asked that same question to three officers on stage, and then to the audience of every person that came back from Gulf War, the answer was the same it is a closely guarded secret. The laws I'm using here is secretary of Navy instructions 1850 which is procedural law that is actually more important than how you measure your disability. Especially when you have a disability that is, unknown. Then you would go to secretary Navy instructions 1850/2010 to go to the nearest disability. So relapsing polychondritis would fall under rheumatoid arthritis the analog numbers 5002. Because it still unknown it would be 5099 whenever you see the 99 at the end of a coating is because they still haven't diagnosed but the symptomology is that of rheumatoid arthritis systemic progressive and chronic Dupuytren's would be 52Xx, and you would go to the analog reading and hands in the five to section and will show you exactly how to measure hands. I hope this helps

Hello @Ihatetdrl

Thank you assisting others. I would like to suggest that you make use of paragraphs so your message can be easily read.

Your one-paragraph narrative probably warrants 5-8 separate paragraphs

The person to whom you are replying last visited this board in December 2020.

Ron