DOD and VA Ratings for PTSD

mg1109

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey everyone, I'm going through the IDES system, I'm in the Navy and PTSD was my only referred condition for the MEB/PEB.

I got my results today was found 70% DOD for PTSD / 100% VA TDRL.

When I looked over my DBQ months ago, I guessed that I would be found 70% for PTSD when I compared them to the mental health VASRD, and turns out I guessed right! If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. Have a good one!

How detailed was your DBQ exam? How much credence was given to existing medical records regarding your PTSD condition, did they even look at them?

How detailed was your DBQ exam? How much credence was given to existing medical records regarding your PTSD condition, did they even look at them?
Fairly detailed, it reflected almost everything I remember saying and when I read it. It didn't feel like the doctor had downplayed or exaggerated my condition. I can look when I get home but I think it was 10-15 pages long. I think my medical records played an important role as well because they displayed how much time I've spent in the hospital and my psychiatrist practically wrote a novel about me.

Hopefully this is the outcome that u wanted. I noticed you only were referred for PTSD and got 70%. How many other claims did u have to total out to 100? I am looking at about the same ratings DOD side. If my VA the same, I tell ya, I will be running to get student loans wiped away :).

I would like to ask for a little input. I was referred to the MEB last week for chronic PTSD. I was an Infantryman in the Army turned recruiter. I have done two IOP’s at Walter Reed for PTSD and they’re the ones who referred me to MEB. Two days after Permanent profile was added and referral to MEB I was told after initial review they are moving forward with the process. What should I expect next?