DOD/VA timelines

Viking

PEB Forum Regular Member
I was just wondering if anybody has gotten results back lately from the joint program. I know my PEB paperwork was FedEx'd to AFPC on 27 January and they signed for it on 28 Jan 09. So far I have only been told that it is waiting to be worked at the VA for the last 3+ months. Today has been 22 weeks that I have been waiting and was initially told 8-12 weeks due to a backup, but 22 is almost double the worst case they gave me.

Are you recieving a letter from the VA stating they are working on your case?
You should be getting one every month. You can call the VA RO that is doing the rating and they will tell you the status of your case. I did this just to make sure it was at the VA when my PEBLO told me it was sent there.

Ok, stupid question, what is the VA RO? I have not received anything from the VA stating that they are working on it. I do know that it is currently supposed to be at the Baltimore VA.

VA RO that would be Baltimore VA Regional office for you.
That is where mine went to after my MEB at Ft Meade.
I did get a letter every month from them. Call 1800-827-1000 and ask about the status of your case. All they will tell you is the status no % or rating.
but at least you will know if is actually there.
I went to Baltimore VA medical ctr in Jan 09 and started getting the letters in Feb 09 .

Thanks Celect. I called the VA number and was told my package was awaiting rating. I am currently going through the AF Pilot program. If I will be receiving a rating, can someone one tell me if this means the AF found me unfit? My PEBLO says he does not have any information to pass on to me. My package was originally submitted 15 Apr but kicked back a couple of times.

Thanks Celect. I called the VA number and was told my package was awaiting rating. I am currently going through the AF Pilot program. If I will be receiving a rating, can someone one tell me if this means the AF found me unfit? My PEBLO says he does not have any information to pass on to me. My package was originally submitted 15 Apr but kicked back a couple of times.

Did the MEB find that you failed to meet rentention standards?
My PEBLO called me and told me that the PEB agreed with the MEB and then my records were sent to the VA for rating.

If I will be receiving a rating, can someone one tell me if this means the AF found me unfit?

No, within the Pilot Program the VA may review and possibly rate any service connected issue you claimed during the process, but the IPEB can only assign those ratings to issues they find unfitting. If the IPEB finds a member fit then they cannot apply any of the VA’s ratings.

Just to clarify, if the IPEB finds you fit, especially for some issues and not for others, you can disagree and demand a Formal PEB.