Dod vs va ratings

Keya10

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Idk if I am wording this right but if the va gave me a proposed rating of 100% combined what can I possibly get from the dod... reffered for shoulder injury va gave me 20% but diagnosed with ptsd and va gave me 70% for that

Idk if I am wording this right but if the va gave me a proposed rating of 100% combined what can I possibly get from the dod... reffered for shoulder injury va gave me 20% but diagnosed with ptsd and va gave me 70% for that
You will get 2 ratings. The DoD rating is only for the reason you were sent to the medical board. This rating is the one to determine rather you will get severance or medically retired. The VA rating is separate and is the combined total of all the issues you have. This rating is what your disability compensation is based off from.
Hopefully I explained that correct.

Ugh I don't get any benefits as far as healthcare do I?

What about my family
The VA health care would only be for you. Even if you retired you would have to pay additional premium charges for family.

The VA health care would only be for you. Even if you retired you would have to pay additional premium charges for family.
Tricare Prime enrollment premiums are about $48/month for a family. This is the "best deal around" as far as affordable care.