Does a congressional inquiry help with the BCNR?

AD1212

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello, I currently have a case pending with the BCNR and it’s been sitting there for atleast a little over 1 year now. I recently got an Advisory Opinion and I just respond and submitted a rebuttal with some more evidence for my case. What I’m really asking is does a congressional inquiry actually speed up the process? I’m not expecting it to speed up the process faster than the speed of light but will it at least shorten the time to a more favorable extent? Almost everyone I know whose done this BCNR/BCMR has said that this helped them get a response and decision from the board much more expeditiously. What do people on here have to say?

Hello, I currently have a case pending with the BCNR and it’s been sitting there for atleast a little over 1 year now. I recently got an Advisory Opinion and I just respond and submitted a rebuttal with some more evidence for my case. What I’m really asking is does a congressional inquiry actually speed up the process? I’m not expecting it to speed up the process faster than the speed of light but will it at least shorten the time to a more favorable extent? Almost everyone I know whose done this BCNR/BCMR has said that this helped them get a response and decision from the board much more expeditiously. What do people on here have to say?

No

I agree with Wldra66it.

I wonder what the folks whose cases were ahead of yours in the queue would think if your case jumped over their applications.

Good luck,
Ron

All cases past the congressional mandated time frame are reported to Congress already. If you do a congressional like I did you will get the same generic response from your representative. I did it for accountability purposes and you get no clearer responses.

All cases past the congressional mandated time frame are reported to Congress already. If you do a congressional like I did you will get the same generic response from your representative. I did it for accountability purposes and you get no clearer responses.
I see, although doesn’t an advisory opinion mean they’re coming close to a decision?

The only way to speed up the process would be to put your case ahead of others who have been waiting longer. I don't think a Congressman would advocate for that position.

The only way to speed up the process would be to put your case ahead of others who have been waiting longer. I don't think a Congressman would advocate for that position.
I understand. I’m not trying to take someone’s place in line away. I was just curious if it works. Almost everyone including my lawyer has advocated it.

I’ve been waiting over a year now for the medical advisory opinion, 3 years on this case alone thus far

Attachments

• 2E304C4F-C535-4C82-A6EB-7B00F5AFF6F0.jpeg
    2E304C4F-C535-4C82-A6EB-7B00F5AFF6F0.jpeg
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 061BA517-9660-4B9F-AE0A-D1916D8B4D56.jpeg
    061BA517-9660-4B9F-AE0A-D1916D8B4D56.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 13
I’ve been waiting over a year now for the medical advisory opinion, 3 years on this case alone thus far
Wow that’s terrible. I really hope you get an answer soon. I do hear right now that the BCNR is being investigated by the DoD and even some people are suing the BCNR for taking too long and not following their own timeframes. I think those nvlsp guys are leading the charge on that.

Wow that’s terrible. I really hope you get an answer soon. I do hear right now that the BCNR is being investigated by the DoD and even some people are suing the BCNR for taking too long and not following their own timeframes. I think those nvlsp guys are leading the charge on that.

Yes they are I tried to be a named plaintiff in the matter but they have enough from Army and are still looking for named plaintiffs from the other branches of service. The litigation was filed on December 18, 2019. While I wasn’t a named plaintiff they stated I’m still a class member and it could still benefit me as well as other class members.

Yes they are I tried to be a named plaintiff in the matter but they have enough from Army and are still looking for named plaintiffs from the other branches of service. The litigation was filed on December 18, 2019. While I wasn’t a named plaintiff they stated I’m still a class member and it could still benefit me as well as other class members.
So how’s that been going for you guys? I hear a lot of progress has been made on that by the NVLSP. Especially when it comes to getting the reading room backup.

So how’s that been going for you guys? I hear a lot of progress has been made on that by the NVLSP. Especially when it comes to getting the reading room backup.

No idea last I heard the Service Secretaries had to February sometime to respond

I understand. I’m not trying to take someone’s place in line away. I was just curious if it works. Almost everyone including my lawyer has advocated it.
If they are mishandling your case, I would join the line suggesting a Congressional. If you were making the case that all cases ought to be handle more expeditiously, I would also be in that line. The BCMR, as a whole, are taking to long.

If they are mishandling your case, I would join the line suggesting a Congressional. If you were making the case that all cases ought to be handle more expeditiously, I would also be in that line. The BCMR, as a whole, are taking to long.
Preaching to the choir. It’s funny how according to those nonsense statistics the BCNR puts out about how they get 90% of the cases done within the first 12 months of submitting them and 100% of cases done in 18 months. Yet most people Usually are anywhere from 20-30 months just to get a response back. How can they get away with making people wait so long? Hopefully whatever legal battle going on with the BCNR can lead to more timely responses.