Does a "Fit" finding necessarily mean that the member is fit for full duty?

XG4K

Registered Member
I recently went to PEB for having more than 3 medical waivers for the PRT due to chronic medical conditions. They found me "fit" for my assigned duties (shore duty desk work) but my command is reading this as if I am fit for fill duty and have no injuries. I have been seeing multiple doctors for my conditions over the last two years and I am still undergoing treatment. My PCM gave me a medical waiver for this upcoming PRT since I am not improving. My chain of command found out about the "fit" finding and assumes that there is nothing wrong with me despite medical documentation and denied my PRT waiver. I brought this up to my PEBLO and she said that I will not be taken off limdu until I complete a suitability screening with my PCM. So I should technically not be participating in the PRT. Does anyone know where I can find documentation on how the PEB works and the definition of a Fit finding so my command doesn't force me to aggravate my injuries doing the PRT? Thank you.

*Apologies if this is in the wrong thread

Being found fit, does not mean you have zero problems. Members are often found fit with restrictions. Being "fit" really only means you are returned to duty vice retired/separated.

Being found fit, does not mean you have zero problems. Members are often found fit with restrictions. Being "fit" really only means you are returned to duty vice retired/separated.
Thank you, unfortunately my chain of command does not understand that. The insist that I am Fit for Full Duty and expect me to conduct a PRT this week. I have a official waiver but the CO denied it. Is there anyway I can fight this officially? I attempted to appeal the findings but was denied a formal PEB. I only have 7 months left in the military and would prefer not to have my conditions made worse due to my commands irresponsibility and ignorance.

my husband had a medboard and was found fit - but they put that he's not deployable. [he fought this and just went through a formal board] so every thing about the fit finding confuses me, when they put that they are not deployable.. so, he cant deploy which means he can't re-enlist which means - why not let him go? i don't think i will ever understand the system.

my husband had a medboard and was found fit - but they put that he's not deployable. [he fought this and just went through a formal board] so every thing about the fit finding confuses me, when they put that they are not deployable.. so, he cant deploy which means he can't re-enlist which means - why not let him go? i don't think i will ever understand the system.
I was discussing the "fit" finding with my PEBLO and JAG and they said I would still have to pass a suitability screening prior to being taken off of Limited Duty. They also told me that the fit finding didn't necessarily mean that I am physically qualified for sea duty (I'm not) or IA deployment.

Thank you, unfortunately my chain of command does not understand that. The insist that I am Fit for Full Duty and expect me to conduct a PRT this week. I have a official waiver but the CO denied it. Is there anyway I can fight this officially? I attempted to appeal the findings but was denied a formal PEB. I only have 7 months left in the military and would prefer not to have my conditions made worse due to my commands irresponsibility and ignorance.
I would call my PCM ASAP and ask the doc to explain the situation to your CO. If the CO continues to refuse to honor your waiver, I would file an IG.

I would call my PCM ASAP and ask the doc to explain the situation to your CO. If the CO continues to refuse to honor your waiver, I would file an IG.
I contacted my PEBLO and PEB JAG and asked them to contact my CO to explain the context of the Fit finding. If they don't or he still insists on making me do the PRT then I will submit to IG.